jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

HP SEO question.

1. deuxlai profile image60
    deuxlaiposted 6 years ago

Hi guys,this is my first question here.

Lets say we have 2 hubs on the same niche. Take dog training(DT) for example. DTa and DTb.

If DTa is indexed and is ranked in the first page of google, how can DTb overtake DTa place?

Is it possible for 2 hubs to be in the first page of google?

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you mean both are equally good, have got equal no. of back links, have got equally good keywords, published in same time, getting equal traffic.........?

deuxlaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What if A published earlier but B have better keyword and more backlinks?

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

This is all TOTAL conjecture, but I believe it is possible (although not necessarily probable) to have more than one hub on page 1. There are so many things at play--age of the hubs, off-page promotion, etc--that my brain is hurting just thinking about the best way to accomplish that.

You may have a hub with better promotion, but if it's trying to take the spot of a hub with some age on it, do those two things cancel each other out? And if you're not sure if Google is going to allow two hubs on page 1, is it worth the effort it might take?

I think you're better off looking for a slight variation of the primary keyword. Let's say your niche is "purple dog doo doo" and another hub already has a spot on page one. Maybe you go after "best purple dog doo doo" or "top 10 uses for purple dog doo doo."

deuxlaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward in the answers from more hubbers.

3. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 6 years ago

It is often reported that google will generally limit the number of pages from a single domain appearing on the first page to 2.

If there is an existing hub for your keywords it is possible to rank higher than it but as the age of a page is one of the many factors affecting SERPs yours would need to have significantly better content and promotion.

A well written Hub that is three years old would be mission impossible  to beat and I would look for an easier option.