jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Which hubs are making money?

1. lisabeaman profile image86
    lisabeamanposted 6 years ago

So my hubs are starting to bring in a bit of change. I still have a long way to go until that first $100 payout. I'm being patient, but I'd like to figure out which ones are successful and which ones aren't. That would help me in moving forward from here. I have Google Analytics, but I can't figure out which hubs are making money. Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Did you link your AdSense with your Analytics? If not, did you create URL channels for each hub in AdSense? If the answer is no to both of these questions, then you can't track what has been earning you money.

lisabeamanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The answer would be no to both! gqgirl explained how to create the URL channels for each hub in AdSense. Is that different than linking AdSense w/ Anayltics? If so... how do I do that as well?

3. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

I see Darkside floating around here at the moment and he truly is a wealth of information.

I was here left and returned.  I can only tell you all different kinds of hubs make the strangest comparisons.  See I never write commercial hubs, and still do quite well. about par with the average here.

I never analysed or traced how or where the money was coming from.  Guys like darkside
    website examiner

are excellent resources you should contact them, I am hoping they'll see you first.  It would be a good idea to not expect to see anything til 8 or 9 months

Looks like you are doing very well already !

Good Luck, hope someone drops by soon for you

Thanks! It would be nice it one of them would stop by... I've seen how helpful they've been w/ questions like this.  Thanks!

4. gqgirl profile image84
    gqgirlposted 6 years ago

Even if you do integrate your Analytics with Adsense and create unique URL channels within Adsense you are not always going to know which hubs are getting the clicks. It does help because most of the time Adsense will tell you, but not always. smile I have unique URL channels with all my hubs and blogs and even if I get a click it doesn't always tell me which ones are getting the clicks. Does that make sense? Also if you do not know how to create unique URL channels just go to your AdSense account click on AdSense Setup at the top, then click on Channels, Then click on URL Channels, click on add URL Channels, then enter the URL of each of your hubs then Activate them smile HOpefully that helps for ya!

That was helpful! I just followed your instructions for a few hubs and I'll add the rest later. So I assume I should add each new hub that I publish? Is that right?

I really just want to see which subjects are working and which ones aren't. It's really strange b/c my views are down, but my adsense is up. I think that means I'm getting less hp traffic and more outside traffic.

5. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Hi gggril,
        You have received some great advice from Kimberly and I agree with her message 100%. Good Luck amd remember patience is a virture.

6. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Sorry gggirl, I meant my post for lisabeaman. Of course I also agree with you as to how to set up channels.