jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Disclosure Statement.

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

I'd like the ability to create a few disclosure statements that I could then add to any of my Hubs as appropriate - not all would need them, but many of my hubs would definately benefit from a generic disclosure statement that I could add when setting up or editing the Hub.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

So what's stopping you?

SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have 340+ hubs - I'm trying to be lazy and not go and add it to all of them!

It would be simpler going forward to be asked for the 'disclosure' statement as I created a hub - I often simply forget that I should put one on each hub! I know - my own fault....but still easier if I was prompted!

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a disclosure or disclaimer?  I do include a disclaimer of sorts on some of my hubs.

Well not sure the difference:

I have a few:
          No Diclosure required.
          "I may earn revenue on this site if you click on the links, but I have no affiliation with the owners of the products"
          "....I have received a free copy of the product"
          "..I have a business association"

etc.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
            rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess I am thinking more of a disclosure document.

there are different kinds of disclaimers.

if you think you need them, I would include them, even experts in their field include them.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand but as Relache stated this is your own responsibility. 

I know it's a lot of work but this give you an opportunity to re-examine some of your work that is not producing the way you had hoped it would. 

I'm doing this right now, a handful at a day, while also trying to create new content.  I'll tell you, I have found so many rookie mistakes in my earlier hubs but I have also been optimizing and increasing traffic.  For example, my Ebay EPC has risen from .14 cents to .28 and getting 10 times as many clicks.

If you just want to add the disclosure and make no other adjustments then I would suggest you make the disclosure a .jpg and upload it. It will stay in your photos module and be very easy to add a new module at the bottom of each hub.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You retain ownership of your content.  It's your responsibility to do this, not HubPages.

I understand that - just thought a tool that I could setup some standard statements of my own and then choose them would be helpful.....

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Make your disclosures or statements as a .jpg and upload them (several versions} A tool that does it for you will place is in the same location on every single hub and most of us uses different layouts so we would still have to go in and manually set it where we wanted it.

4. SiddSingh profile image62
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

Add the disclosure statement to your profile page.

5. Whitney05 profile image61
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Your responsibility. I add my own disclaimers to certain hubs. I have over 900 hubs. Add as you go and not backtrack.

6. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

Well I guess it's an opportunity for me to review my old Hubs - so I'm going to review about 5 or 6 a day and add the disclosure statement as I go!!!

working