jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

"See Sexy Singles"

1. ProCW profile image83
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I am working on a hub that would potentially be read by teachers and possibly school-aged children. I just noticed an ad title of "See Sexy Singles" on my unpublished hub. I REALLY don't want that to show up for my readers to see. How can HubPages take care of that?

ProCW

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Hi ProCW:

Ads will not be targeted to your content until after publication.  During the editing process, and upon first publishing, ads will be unrelated to the subject matter of your hub.  It takes Google some time after publication (anywhere from a few minutes to a few days) to crawl the content and place relevant ads.

1. ProCW profile image83
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Alright. Thank you very much, Maddie.

2. Catlyn profile image36
      Catlynposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great to know!  I was  beginning to think that I did not have something linked up properly or that is was something I did or did not do on my end. 
      Thanks Maddie!

3. quotations profile image90
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

If you object to a specific site's ad being displayed by Adsense you can also ask Adsense to block that particular site. You can do this by logging into your adsense account. However, this would only work when the adsense code belongs to you and would not affect any ads being displayed on page impressions belonging to HP.

1. ProCW profile image83

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that too! I just don't want to have the right eyes on the wrong ads.

ProCW

4. lrminton profile image61
    lrmintonposted 8 years ago

Glad I found this post. I was getting ready to delete AdSense from my hub page. Now I'll wait a while. I hope it happens soon I do not want this type of ad to appear on my page. I hope they are gone before anyone views my hub page.

Thanks,
    Lonnie

1. ProCW profile image83

Oh, no... don't delete! smile Too late though... I viewed your first hub... hehe

ProCW

working