jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Copy and Paste with MS Word

1. Rob3ie profile image79
    Rob3ieposted 6 years ago

Hi Folks,

Im pretty new to this and generally have been writing my hubs using Word and then copy and pasting them over one section at a time. For some reason on the hub im writing at the moment, HubPages wont let me paste.

I was just wondering if this was a common problem and if so is there a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Chrysoprasus profile image60
      Chrysoprasusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

try using the HTML function in the text...

but with images, i think that would be impossible

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that is a good idea at all. That is not what that capsule is intended for.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This problems some times comes sometimes i also write on ms-word and then copy past into text capsules.you have to simply delete the text capsules and then again insert text capsule and paste into it.if it doesn't work then delete all cookies and then re login your account

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Try drag-and-drop, it may be a clipboard issue. If that does not work, try creating a plain text document (like in Notepad), paste your text from Word, then "select all" in the text document, copy and try pasting from that. This method also has the benefit of stripping off any hidden code, which sometimes causes problems.

As an alternative, you could try a different browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.

1. Super Chef profile image66
      Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If this happens to me which it does regularly I come out of edit mode and then go straight back in and it works. Like WE said above Chrome and firefox are by far the best 2 browsers to use for hubpages.

3. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Copy and Paste MS word text content to Abiword document or Notepad++. This way you can snip out the MS-word specific formatting.

4. Rob3ie profile image79
    Rob3ieposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies people,

In the end I just closed and re-opened Word and Hey Presto- It worked!

This should really have been the first thing that I thought to do, but I guess I was just tired last night!

Thanks again!