jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon Capsules

1. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

When using the Amazon Capsule do the chosen products automatically get linked to your affiliate I.D? Or do you need to get the links from a different source from the Amazon Affiliates page to ensure your clicks are credited?

1. girly_girl09 profile image77
      girly_girl09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they do. It's super convenient!

1. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just something I started wondering about girly_girl09 as when you put the link in it shortens it down to a code that I can not find any way to check to see the validity of on the Amazon Affiliate page. It just says that it does not recognize the link.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know it, but I wonder why my adsense account don't shows up the clicks. Even to clarify I made some clicks myself but no clicks shown in the report.What may be the reason.I have a valid ID.

1. profile image0

You are not supposed to click your own ads on your Hubs saleheenfrom what I understand that is against both the Google and Amazon TOS and may get your accounts banned.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
            saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

is it also a TOS of amazon? oh God, i should read them properly. Whatever I clicked only once but I wonder why this is a TOS violation when we don't make money from amazon clicks.

1. profile image0

I'm not 100% sure about that in relation to Amazon,but I think it would be a good idea to not do so anyway.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
                kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can click amazon ads, although you may be clicking the HP amazon ads as they get a share of the ads on our pages. The way to get paid with amazon is not the clicks so thats fine, its the purchases that pay you. If you do buy under your own links then thats a no-no! But why would you do that anyway? Just keep the money if thats what you are here for!

2. Kapalbility profile image60
              Kapalbilityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, it is legal for you to click the product, but it is against the TOS to buy a product from your own affiliate link.

If you did not read the TOS when you signed up, you might want to read it again.

2. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Also remember that your code is only in place for amazon and adsense 60% of the time. If you have clicked and it doesn't show up, it could be that it is on Hubpages revenue share time.

working