jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Linking to your hubs from your profile

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I see that a lot of hubbers have very extensive profiles where they link to hubs in the text of their profiles. My profile is quite lame compared to that of this user http://hubpages.com/profile/Shirley+Anderson. She appears to be very successful here on hubpages and it does seem that those who are more successful do this to their profiles.

Is there some sort of benefit to doing that on your profiles? If so, how do I know which hubs to put on my profile?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Shirley is successful because she is a lively, long standing, active member of the community.

Post some of your best content hubs here.  It wont help with seo but it might be useful to your readers.

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

1. You can drive traffic to some hubs where you want readers attention.

2. You can showcase your writing with some specific hubs.

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I put links to the writing that I think is my better writing (at least "better" as compared with a lot of the stuff I have on here).  We don't really have control over what shows up on our profile page (as far as which Hubs show up where goes).  Adding in-text links can direct potential readers to where you'd like them to go.  I found a kind of "lame" way to include the subject of each Hub in my profile, and then that gave me the "excuse" to include a relevant word and the link.

4. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

melbel, i click the url in your post, but it said 'the user doesn't exist'. sad

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think I saw that Shirley was leaving awhile ago.   She was "big" on here, though.

5. Karanda profile image85
    Karandaposted 6 years ago

The link has a plus sign between Shirley and Anderson, you need to replace this with a space.smile

6. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Creating a blog and posting your hubs to a blog that focuses upon that topic is a great way to drive traffic.  After you create the blog but sure to increase your Google Adsense and create the adsense capsule to capture potential income.

Hope this helps.