jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Posting New Hubs and My Score Goes Down

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Oh, I work and work then I publish and my score goes down - why isn't there a grace period - this is so disheartening.  Just when I think I am making progress my score dumps.

Should I never publish unless the new Hub is above a certain score?

Please help!

1. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't concentrate on score.just concentrate on writing good hubs.score automatically rises up

2. shazwellyn profile image85
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your authorscore is above 74, so dont worry!

3. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My score seems to go up to 97 when I had no activity then goes down when I do. Ironic is it not?

2. BobbiRant profile image78
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

Well it happens to me constantly.  Hub score nose dives whenever I sneeze.  Hang in there, the screwy system rating the hubs is nuts anyway.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It doesn't matter what your score is...

I find that if I write a hub and not publish it for a few days the score does start to rise. And usually, if I publish right away the score starts to rise in a day or two.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You are making a false attribution.  You can't correlate score fluctuations to direct actions, as admin has repeatedly said that's not how the system works (unless you are a spammer).

5. goodmovies profile image80
    goodmoviesposted 6 years ago

The thing to do is to keep focused on publishing high quality content on a consistent basis. If you do that, and participate in the community, you'll see your hubscore and your authorscore rise over time.

1. johnorton profile image61
      johnortonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agree.  Hard work always pays  smile

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Would you rather publish 30 hubs in a month and make some decent cash from them after a few weeks (and see your hubscore slump).

Publish 3 hubs in the month, make a few cents but see your hubscore rise to 100?

I know what I'd prefer!

7. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Yah- don't worry too much about your HubScore - it changes here and there and is kind of random sometimes.  Just ignore it and focus on your writing and you'll find things get a lot easier!  That's what I did when I first started on the site and my HubScore seems to be doing fine enough big_smile

8. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I agree GMAGoldie, don't put your knickers in a twist over your huscore, it's not worth it.  It's more important to pay attention to publishing well written hubs cause that is important.

9. lex123 profile image69
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I too believe in writing good and useful content, than sitting and worrying about the changing of hubscore. It will come and go repeatedly,  but publishing more useful hubs are the ones we have to bother about.

10. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

I find my hubscore goes down very often after I publish a new hub. I used to be worried about it but I am not any more because it always goes back up after a day or so. I am more concerned with getting new hubs published than whether my score drops.

11. b. Malin profile image59
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

I have to agree.  MY score went from 91 - to 88 then back up to 90.  I've published 32 Hubs.  Received nice comments...had over 1,000 hits.  What am I missing?  But after reading all of your comments here on the Forum...I'm going to FORGET ABOUT IT...and just enjoy doing... what I do best...WRITING!