jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

RSS Feed and Tags

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I finally learned how to create the RSS feed from the unique tags but is there a limit?  So if I promote the RSS feed will it only bring in 8-12 Hubs?  With over 200 hubs I am trying to put together a successful promotion campaign using the RSS feed but the limitations mystify me.

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should be asking yourself whether it benefits your readers by excessive posting.  RSSfeeds are a backlinking method.  If you are posting these to gain seo rank, then you will be penalised - google and HP.  this would be considered spamming.   If you are posting these because it benefits your readers, then be selective with your postings.  Your post here seems to be suggesting that you want to post willy nilly. 

rss feeds are entities of their own.  They are designed to move and change with every new post.  so, for example, if you have a series - like a blog- then as you post regularly, so does the rssfeed change and evolves c.  You dont really want stagnating rssfeeds and each feed should be related.  You might find the following helpful:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php … amp;ref=mf

2. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

That is a world of help.  I had no idea.  Thank you very much!

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

That was absolute nonsense.

Here is a current list of rss submission sites that wish for you to share your feeds with them in order to increase subscribers, direct traffic and develop backlinks.