jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Newby Questions

1. JOReilly profile image74
    JOReillyposted 8 years ago

Hi all,

Just started Hub Pages a few days ago, and I've been trying to figure out some of the mysteries of the page.  Maybe there is an FAQ I'm missing somewhere.  But here are my main questions.

1. What is a Hubscore?  How you want it go up or down?  Does making it go up or down affect how you get your Hub stuff  on the front pages?

2.  On my latest posted story, someone posted a comment, but my stats show that no one has viewed the story.  Unless the commenter was blind, ummm....how could that be?  Anyone know how to fix this glitch?

Thanks!

1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It will take a while for the system to track your visitors stats. Comments appear as soon as somebody post the comments. That's all. Go through the FAQ section too. smile

2. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This will explain to you about HubScore.

2. JOReilly profile image74

My bad.  I didn't see the FAQ  (read before posting!) thing before I posted this.  Doh!

1. vietnamese profile image79
      vietnameseposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So I guess you looked at the FAQ and got your answers, right?

3. JOReilly profile image74

Thanks for the answers....I'm already sort of stat obsessed. Its just fascinating to see how the site's traffic fluctates.  Its weird though, I posted my latest hub abou 5 hours ago, have 2 comments and its still showing 0 page views.  Is that sort of lag time usual?

1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, sometimes smile

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Each hour we update the stats for 1/6th of our hubs, meaning each individual hub is updated every 6 hours.  We're considering ways to speed up this processing so that we can update each hub each hour (as we did back when we weren't quite as large).  There is no timetable for this work though.

If you haven't already, adding Google Analytics to your HubPages account will provide you with another source of interesting data.  Instructions for that are here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#googleanalytics

5. JOReilly profile image74

Thanks for the info, Paul!  I'm learning a lot....I just added the analytics.

6. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 8 years ago

"f you haven't already, adding Google Analytics to your HubPages account will provide you with another source of interesting data."

Can you sign up for more than one website there? Do you put  in your profile page or each hub?

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Y es you can- just click down thru your profile url and you will see dropdown menu of each individual hub - then you can tell where the visitors came from, what sort of browser they have, age sex  well joking about the last 2 but only just !

working