jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Editing Nightmares

1. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

Paul!!  sad

I am really having trouble editing now, and I'm getting loads of messages that say "please report this error to hubpages via feedback" but I thought I'd just report it here.

I know about that glitch where, if you open the text capsule to edit and it's not properly formed, nothing you change or add will save, and you'll have to keep opening and opening and opening and opening and opening and opening until the box finally renders properly and you can edit.

But today, even when its opened properly nothing is saving. And I do mean nothing. Its making me nuts!!! sad

Am using Firefox's latest version (which sucks royally, IMO, so maybe it's a Firefox problem -- but usually I don't have this many problems editing here) and am on a mac.

PS --- Do you think you could post announcements for when the site will be down for upgrades? It could be frustrating to be just about to publish and then click and see that the site is down and you have to start all over again. sad

2. Isabella Snow profile image87

PPS -- It wouldnt let me add tags, either....

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You might want to close firefox down and reopen it.  Firefox can chew up a lot of memory and often gets a little unstable if it's been open for a long time (especially if you have certain extensions installed).

4. Isabella Snow profile image87

I knew you were going to say that.......................

I don't think it's that, though. I close and restart Firefox all the time (cos it sucks), but this editing problem is the first one I've seen like it. It was really awful!

Can hubpages be made to work with Safari? Mac users seem to only have FF as an option, its a PITA. sad

What about the scheduled maintenance question....?

working