jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I love Toys R Us

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I have been unwell for a couple of days, then couldn't focus on what to write about next so my and hubby took kids to Toys R Us for some Christmas shopping.

We don't buy the toys from their coz its too expensive. Instead we let the kids go wild in the aisles and then ask them what is the most favourite thing to ask Father Christmas for.

This is great fun anyway - but even better as I am passing it off as 'work' since I have come back with a ton of hub ideas.

Just thought I'd share in case there are any money hubbers feeling flat and looking for inspriation - just go play with the electronics in your nearest toy store smile

1. mrfluffy profile image72
      mrfluffyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good  idea I will no longer be a bored hubby in the shops, not that I was ever bored in toys r us.

2. janecidro profile image61
    janecidroposted 5 years ago

I like the whole idea of going to the toy stores for research, but it's not neccessarily to get ideas. It's more to find out why certain toys are hot! Amazon.com keeps a current top 100 list of toys that is updated daily. I use this as my toy bible as it is very accurate. Now when looking at this list, it's important to keep focus on toys that have been in the top 50 for no more than 1- 200ish days. Any longer than that will just make the toy stagnate. It's also very important to look at the toy shevles carefully. It's not the toys you are looking for, it's the lack of toys you're looking for. When I see nothing but empty shelves or empty hooks where toys use to be, that's what gets me excited. Look at the labels and prices of what use to be on the shelves, then start talking to the toy shelf stockers about the toys. The stockers will usually say they can't keep the toy on the shelf and that you need to be to the store before 9am if you want the particular toy. Now this is only true up until about a month before Christmas. After that you will have to get the hot toys from eBay. So what is the hot toy right now. They are the  lalaloopsy Dolls. You can see them here at
    http://www.lalaloopsy-dolls.com I would say buy them now! This is definitely the hottest toy of the year.

Jane C

3. katiem2 profile image62
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

It's good to hear from you, I hope your back to 100% in no time smile