jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I would like advice on doing a product review

1. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I'd like to step out of my comfort zone and try writing a product review- I want to experiment with my traffic and capsules- something targeted.
    Does anyone have any suggestions about writing product reviews- and what topics are good to write about?

1. 0
      IMHustleposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you want to do product reviews (I'm assuming you mean physical products) I would check out eBay Pulse, eBay Express Pulse and the best sellers on Amazon for ideas. Pick a product that you've either purchased, have good general knowledge about or one that you have a strong interest in. Find an active forum or 2 where shoppers for this product hang out, to do your research and to get a feel for the shopper.

As far as traffic is concerned, your keyword research is going to be very important to you. Since you're doing product reviews, you want to focus on keyword review  and/or buy keyword  -- search terms buyers would use. The thing to remember is you want the most estimated daily searches with the least number of competing pages in the search engines. Since you're experimenting smile, look for keywords with 25K or fewer competing pages for the optimized search term (in quotes) in Google and at least 25-30 searches per day.

1. Dorsi profile image89
        Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that's great advice. This will be fun- I get to go mystery shopping first!

2. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

IMHustle has great advice. Also, once you pick your product category take a look at the five top sellers for that product on Amazon. I would include at least 1 or two of those on your own list because there will usually be search engine searches for that specific product and that will draw some traffic your way as well. I also like to check Amazon and get an idea of whether most reviews are positive or not too.

3. shuey 03 profile image59
    shuey 03posted 8 years ago

eBay is definitely a good place to start.  The most important thing is, you just dive into it.  You will get better as you go.