Please send prayers and good thoughts:

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 56 discussions (71 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My husband is in ICU with a-fib. I would greatly appreciate your prayers and/or good thoughts.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your phone is ringing!

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for letting us know.  warm thoughts coming your way.

3. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sending warm and positive thoughts to you and your husband.

4. MayG profile image79
      MayGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Habee, sending good thoughts all the way from Australia.  Hope he is ok.

5. ChristinaScibona profile image70
      ChristinaScibonaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awww Habee...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this hard time.

6. purpleangel47 profile image60
      purpleangel47posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi habee .... scary time I know ... keep thinking positive thoughts ... my prayers are with you and your family.

7. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm back to work and I cannot get on hubpages as much as I use to. I'm praying for you and your husband. God is good and he will be with you during this this very hard time. I hope for the best for you.

8. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just saw this. Prayers going out to you and your husband.

9. snakebaby profile image65
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sending my prayer too...but what is a-fib? I would like my prayer be specific

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

You have my prayer.

3. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

Habee- I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your husband 100 percent! I pray his health returns asap and he is home safe with you where he belongs. X0X0 Jess

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with you and your husband for a speedy recovery.

5. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

My best wishes for your husband and you Habee.

6. ADDHome profile image59
    ADDHomeposted 13 years ago

Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

7. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Prayers Habee

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

just in case some haven't seen this.. sending back to the top.

9. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I'm sending tons of love, positive thoughts and get-well-soon wishes your way Habee!  Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here habee!

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

You guys are awesome!

I just returned from the hospital to let the dogs out and grab a bite. It's not a-fib. It's atrial flutter, which is worse. The top part of his heart is quivering like Jello-o instead of pumping properly.

11. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Much love and many prayers, habee!

12. timorous profile image83
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Wow, that doesn't sound too good sad  I hope it all works out fine for your hubby, habee. smile

13. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Habee, I'm praying for God to work his miracels through the hands of your husband's medical staff. Praying too for you to get the love and support you need right now.

14. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Prayers and hugs smile

15. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are certainly with you and yours, Habee. 

On a positive note, my son (only 29) has had several episodes of atrial fib, or flutter.  As you say, the top half just flutters without really doing anything.  He gets short of breath and feels that something is wrong, and has been in the hospital several times, but always comes out very well, with no damage at all.  I certainly hope that your husband has the same results.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Wilderness. That makes me feel better!

16. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Oh, my, Holle - my thoughts are with you and your husband, I hope everything is okay...

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

Prayers going up for your husband's complete recovery, in Jesus' Name, and for comfort for you and your whole family.

18. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

I hope your hubbie is showing signs of good recovery by this time - I will keep up the thinking watch on the other side of your world while all the others are asleep smile   My understanding of what you describe is just as Wilderness describes and I hope that you get him back soon.  On a sied note - My father was diagnosed with some kind of congenital heart 'flutter' of some kind - he was told not to do heavy work and that he might succumb at any time - He worked like a pack horse all his 80 odd years.

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I'm with ya Holle, and you know I know what he is going through, you as well. hugs, Charlie

20. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with you Habee.  I hope that your man is well soon and back home with you.

21. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Habee, your dear Husband has been added to our Family's Prayer List and tomorrow morning my wife who attends daily mass will add him on the prayer list at Saint Patrick's, as Habee's Husband. We both wish you and your husband the very best. God Bless you both!

22. Money Glitch profile image61
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way! Hope all will be well with a quickness.

23. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

God Bless your whole family and hope the good doctors get your sweetie back on track asap. I'm sure that your love will be of a great help and comfort to him.

24. netlexis profile image62
    netlexisposted 13 years ago

Prayers and good thoughts to you and you hubby.

25. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Habee.

26. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Sending positive energy to speed his recovery habee - I know its hard and I hope you are also taking care of yourself.

27. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

God bless, Habee.
    You have the collective arms of the whole hubber community circling around you with love and caring.
    Thank you for taking the time to share this news.
    Please keep us posted when you can.
    I'm sending prayers your way.

One that I always find comforting when the situation is out of my control is the Serenity Prayer:
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

He is in God's hands as well as his doctors'.
    Hugs and more hugs, MM

28. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks to all of you for this wonderful outpouring of love and hope.

29. lex123 profile image78
    lex123posted 13 years ago

My prayers and positive thoughts.

30. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

My thoughts and love to you and yours Habee. Hope all is better now.

31. elf_cash profile image57
    elf_cashposted 13 years ago

Holle, My family will definitely keep your husband in our prayers and we sincerely hope he gets well soon!

32. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I don't know you well Habee but I do hope everything goes ok!

33. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

habee..I'll be praying. My heart goes out to you. I know you must be worried sick. Bless you!

34. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Habee I just saw this thread, hope he is better,By HIs stripes he is healed... that is the scripture and I am praying..be strong and God bless!

35. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

thoughts and prayers for him and all your family

36. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

Habee, I feel like an ostrich I've been so busy I didn't have a chance to come to the forums.

My thoughts and prayers for your hubby, you and your family.

37. KCC Big Country profile image86

I'm bumping this thread in hopes that someone will report back and let us know how Habee's huband is doing.  I'm concerned because Habee hasn't posted anything in 2 days and their good friend fellow hubber, Randy Godwin hasn't posted in 26 hours. 

Everyone, please keep Habee in your thoughts.

38. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

My husband's heart rhythm is slightly better, but now he has other problems. Along with bronchitis, they think he has a bowel obstruction or an infection in his intestine. He's getting a CT scan tomorrow. They've had to interrupt some of the heart drugs in case he has to have surgery on his bowel. He's in a lot of pain, and I feel so helpless. He hasn't eaten in 24 hours or so, yet he threw up several times today - just bile, I guess. They also think he has a kidney infection. I don't see how all this could hit him at the same time without being related in some way.

Your concern and support mean more to me than you'll ever know!

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thinking of you both here in China Habee.

2. bayoulady profile image68
      bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh,my.......my niece had these symptoms. It turned out to be peritonitus. Thanks for giving the update. I was hoping to hear better news. you know we will all keep our prayers and thoughts coming his way!

3. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree 1000% habee.  I haven't found MDs to cosistently have the same logic.  I'm hoping your husband has a great team working for him.

39. KCC Big Country profile image86

Habee, I'm relieved to see you here.  Thanks for letting us know.  I'll continue to send positive thoughts.  Take care of yourself.

40. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

habee,

I just logged in to hubpages after 3 days and just saw your post.
    Do not worry for the Lord is with you. All it takes is SURRENDER on your part. Surrender to the Lord yourself and your husband for healing and wholeness. God Bless you both! May God give you strength and wisdom at this hour of need. And take care of yourself too,do not neglect yourself.
    I was in your place once about 7 years ago with husband in ICU for a different reason and I know what you are going thru'.These are times when God puts you to test. I pray in Jesus' name that your husband walks out of the hospital a new man,like my husband did. To PRAISE GOD!

41. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

Checking in, was hoping to find better news. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

42. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Habee, I just saw your post. I'm sorry that your husband is going through this.  I'm including him and the family in my prayers.

43. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Just checking in on the thread, Habee.  I had hoped to find better news from you, but guess I'll have to wait for that.  At least it sounds like the heart is under better control.  Please stay in touch when you can - we are all pulling for the two of you.

44. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Visited Holle this afternoon.  I think Johnny is feeling a little better than he was, but I'm sure Holle will give you guys the particulars of the situation sometime tonight.  She is pretty busy going back and forth to the hospital but I know she will update Johnny's condition when she gets a chance.

1. Money Glitch profile image61
      Money Glitchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the update Randy!

Habee, still praying for you and your family, and sending lots of positive thoughts of healing energy surrounding your hubby.

45. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I just saw this thread.  Thinking of you and your husband, Habee.  Hope it all irons out quickly.  (Someone in my family had three "health-condition whoppers" over the last year or so, and sometimes things do just kind of hit all at once.  (He's fine now, though - after a lot of scares.)  Anyway, hoping it all irons out quickly for your fella.  It's always scariest when that kind of thing is new.

46. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Yes, bless you, Randy, for being our "eyes and ears" to Habee's situation.
    I'm sure you did and will continue to, but PLEASE tell her we love her and are pulling for Johnny.
    I hope they find the source of the bowel obstruction or  source of pain and get the bronchitis under control.
    God bless.
    MM

47. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Habee, I have been through this with my husband more times than I care to count - the afib, the infections, ruptured spleen, heart attacks, strokes, hip replacement,etc., etc....I've been told dire news each time starting seven years ago...he's still ticking away!!!!   Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts your way.  Rest when you can sweetheart...and laugh when you can!  Sometimes the nausea is the meds and sometimes it is because the heart rate is too low and sometimes it is because something else is going on.  Today's practice of medicine has some amazing diagnostic tools and some equally amazing methods of putting things right! 

I will hold you both fast in my heart and wish your husband the speediest of recoveries.

48. tonymac04 profile image72
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with you and Johnny, Holle. Strength to you both and I hope he is soon restored to full health and vigour!
    Love and peace
    Tony

49. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

thinking of you and your husband. xo

50. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 13 years ago

I'm prayin for ya habee smile smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)