jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Is Adsense Dead after its account holder dies

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

Yesterday I told my grandfather about Hubpages and Adsense. He was happy that I was doing something creative and earning from adsense for my work. But he had a few questions which I could not answer. He said life is uncertain what after your death. Does all your content goes to hubpages and adsense. Can anyone else from the family sign up for your account.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Talk to a lawyer who handles wills and estates.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No adsense does not dead after holder dies as their articles are available on internet

2. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

If you have given someone your passwords, they can pick it up and change whatever they want.

My Adsense gets deposited directly to our joint bank account every month, so if I died, my wife would  keep getting income for a long time without changing anything.

If we both die, our kids have the passwords and geekish enough husbands to do whatever they want or need to do.

3. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your reply Pcunix. But I am a Non-US Citizen and get checks for my adsense earnings and not bank deposit. I have checked and saw no option to change payee name in Adsense. This would mean that my family cannot get the checks deposited in bank after my death as that would require my signature.

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But a person with passwords can create their own account and change the pages.

They might lose a little income while doing that, of course.

2. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

from the UK and from memory, when my father died about ten years ago we took death certificate and probate etc to bank.
      The bank closed his account and transferred the contents to an exors of Johns Fathers account with me and my sister as joint signatories.
      Into this we were able to pay in cheques to my father, then withdraw the cash. The account has not been closed yet.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

The Google account is an asset. Seems to me that estate laws would apply.

Just my best guess. smile

5. rmr profile image89
    rmrposted 6 years ago

I think you can find the answer here:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … nswer=9906

6. Rimzim profile image61
    Rimzimposted 6 years ago

Hi Sid,

According to Google

"If you're located in one of the following countries, you won't have the option to update your payee name within your account.

Algeria,Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia,Jordan,Kuwait,Lebanon,Libya,Malaysia,Morocco,Nepal,Oman,Pakistan, Palestinian Territory,Philippines,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Sri Lanka, Thailand,Tunisia,UAE,Vietnam,Yemen

Some Solution about this problem

1. Make another Adsense account with different Payee Name (one of your family member's name).

2. You can convert your account into Joint account ( Thanks Pcunix for this idea) then other person can take benefit of adsense money after your death.

I think that no requirement of signature for deposit cheque in bank.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you die your adsense account dies, hwoever you can transfer websites to your own name, and then create your own adsense account and replace the adsense ID's.

8. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Better the google will provide solution to this problem so that it legitimate adsense users family will benefit after the account holder death.

9. lex123 profile image68
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I feel that if we send a copy of the death certificate of the account holder along with a covering letter to Google and requesting the name to be changed to your name, (in those countries where the account name cannot be changed,) Google may understand the situation and agree to change it to your name. I'm not sure about this.  Just my thoughts.

10. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You cannot create or continue a bank account in the name of a person who is deceased, that can get you in a whole heap of trouble. Joint accounts are changed to single accoutns.

You must create a new adsense account and place the new code on the sites.

11. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

There are two basic components to this issue. One, the Hubpages Account. And two, the Adsense Account.  When a person dies, generally such properties come under the estate of the deceased.  Then the legal heirs of the deceased are entitled to them. However, any of the terms in the TOS of Hubpages and/or Adsense can limit the scope of the transferability or succession to the accounts. Hence, a comprehensive and exhaustive study of the provisions under the two respective agreements can only shed some reliable light on the issue.

A bank account of a deceased person dies with him/her.  However, his/her legal heirs are entitled to the money already deposited in the account.  A new cheque issued in the deceased's name is not encashable legally.

12. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Why dont you just get him to write on your account and give him the earnings when he achieves payout?  Keep tabs on his hubs as to how much he is earning from anaylitics and when he dies, you can forward cheques to the next of kin or keep it if he wishes this.

Just an idea!