jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

My First Hub - how did I do?

1. Rita Ballantyne profile image59
    Rita Ballantyneposted 6 years ago

I decided to make my first Hub a personal story as opposed to something commercial.  I'd love to get some feedback, suggestions, critiques, (whatever) before creating more Hubs.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Conceived-in-Lo … -with-Love

Thanks,
    Rita

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hub well done.
      some elementary tips:
      ~split the hub into more text capsule so that you leave more space for ads
      ~you can add up to 20key words perhaps more in larger hubs.
      ~google keyword tool a very useful tool for doing keywords from the very beggining. you will learn the tricks slowly but in the initial stages these are the basic simple steps to do keyword [tag]research:
      -- choose relevant to hub keywords
      --  use the keywords in the hub so that it becomes keyword rich
      -- less competitive but high traffic keywords are the best keywords to be chosen
      -- add up to 20 tags
      -- search engine highlights first couple of lines of the hub so use your best keywords in the starting of the hub.
      -- use the best keywords in title and url
      -- here is the tool to do the research. https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

*keep in mind people will not even find the best ever hub if the key are not chosen properly.

welcome to HP.

Rita Ballantyneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, great tips and I'll keep them in mind as I do future Hubs.

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

It's a good first effort, more so because it can be quite difficult trying to work out how to use the edit mode of your hubber account. It's well written, content rich and thought provoking. It is far better than anything I produced when I first joined.

If you're here to share advice, experiences and similar, well done.

And welcome to Hubpages smile

Thank you.  I started looking at Hubpages as a way to network and promote my Greeting Card Universe and Zazzle shops.  Once I started reading some of the Hubs though I decided that I might share some personal stuff.  At 50 something, I have lots of experiences...

1. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I thought at 50+ and a bit more I thought loads of experience to share then realised it might be of interest to me but my experience doesn't really cover computers, digital cameras bringing up baby, or any of the other things that interest most folk these days.
        I mean I could write a hub on 20 easy jobs to improve the performance of a 1958 Morris 1000 but who'd read it and what would it sell?
        I could write about alternative technology but how many want to generate electricity with an automobile alternator and an old drum or heat water with a length of hose pipe and some old bottles?

I could write some local history but it hardly drags the readers in :-(

Oh and welcome, your hub brought water to my eye.

Thanks John, 
          You know I never thought my story about Raven's adoption was all that special or interesting, but whenever I've told anyone I can see the questions in their face.  They never ask the hard questions though...guess they're afraid my reaction wouldn't be good.  Sometimes a piece of writing is as much for the author as it is for the reader...and you never know someone might really enjoy reading about your local history.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
          BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi John, just caught this thread and saw you could write 20 ways to improve your Morris 1000. I would be very interested in that I have a 1967 morris 1000 covertable and would welcome any knowlegde from those that remember them.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

You are very welcome Rita smile I'm sure if you check out the Learning Center, you will better arm yourself with how to write commercial content, in order to better promote your products. Also make yourself aware of the TOS re self-promotion. It's often a disaster area for some that don't realize what is and what isn't ok wink

4. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

same here.

I honor you lady and I am almost of the same of Raven smile

5. vodkababes profile image60
    vodkababesposted 6 years ago

hi i am also new and have done my first two hubs please any comments or feed back would be great as im new to this thank you sandra

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, you have to start a new thread in extreme hubmakeover forum for it and you can post your hub links there as well.

welcome to HP

6. Ign Andy profile image61
    Ign Andyposted 6 years ago

Hi Welcome Rita,

You should promote your Zazzle site. Hubpages will generate some traffic to your site.

working