jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Making money using Google Ad sense on Hubs

1. eculligan profile image78
    eculliganposted 6 years ago

I have 10 hubs only and have only made 20 cents on my hubs.  Is there something else I should be doing to earn money?  I promote the hubs and most are on Google.  Just looking for some tips.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

The older a hub gets, the more traffic you will see from search engines - and more traffic means more money.

In the first six months of joining HP I earnt about $10.

In the last 4-5 months I've made over $100.

Learn about keywords, learn about on page SEO, and WRITE WRITE WRITE!

(Also check out the hub I wrote on the subject, linked on my profile.)

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Traffic, traffic, traffic.

I'm sure you know that you can expect $2-5 per 1,000 non-hubber views.  So if you are looking to earn $100 a month, you need to average something like 33 non hubber views per day per hub at a minimum.

It's just numbers. If you had 200 hubs, you would need 3-4 views per hub per day.  If you want $1,000 with 200 hubs, you are back up to the bigger number.

It takes time. It takes work.  That is reality.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

IMHO, you need to learn the fine art of selecting the proper keywords.

5. eculligan profile image78

Thanks Pcunix!  I will take time and use your advise.  My best hub probably only gets 8 views on Google per day.  Very new to the SEO thing.  What else can I do to try more traffic?

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At the bottom of this and every page are links for the Learning Center. 

Read all that before you pay any attention to what anyone says in the forums. There is a section on traffic, but you really should read everything.

6. eculligan profile image78

Thanks Pcunix.  Perhaps I should read more.  Thanks for the advise.

7. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

You cannot go wrong by learning more.  you will undoubtedly find a mix of opinions on some subjects, but many subjects have a pretty solid agreement from the seniors here.  Read the learning center information, and read hubs by the dozens about how to be successful on HP.  Sort the opinions through your own mind, using what experience you have to date, and continually write hubs using more and better information.

It will come if you only work at it and give it a little time.