jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

publishing same work on 2 separate sites?

1. LittleSueII profile image60
    LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago

A quick question, that I should know the answer to. Can I post same article on a different site therefore having 2 different urls for same article?

1. 0
      rb66posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Syndicated articles are duplicated on hundreds of sites. The thing is the site with the most authority will rank for that article. To post the same article on two different sites will depend on what your trying to accomplish. It won't hurt anything, but it won't help anything unless those sites provide traffic.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

No you cannot have same article on different websites as hubpages doesn't allow the copy content but some websites allow that but hubpages doesn't allow

LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info. Just getting my own website up and running.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Hub Pages likes original content.
    Check this link:
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

3. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Not a good idea. Why you want do that?

Want to add to portfolio on own website.

4. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Duplicate content is penalised.  If you wanted to have a SIMILAR article elsewhere, that is fine as long as it has been changed significantly.  No copying and pasting!

5. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

When I made an enquiry, Hubpages told me, once an original content is published on this site it can be republished only after a minimum 10 days. Else it may be marked 'duplicate'. it will not affect the revenue. But hubscore will be affected.

I published original content on a low ranking site and then re-published the same without any change after a month on a higher ranking site. The latter got better pageviews.

Interesting, thanks.

2. 60
      Patronusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this is interesting

big_smile

6. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

What I'd recommend is linking to the HubPages articles you'd like to showcase in your portfolio from your website, perhaps with an original paragraph summary which could include notes on how much traffic that hub has seen over time, etc...

It's perfectly fine to post duplicate content- so long as you don't link to your personal website copy from your hub- but as you've seen from the responses above, it's best to keep things original on HubPages smile

working