jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Magical Blue & Hub Score Too TOS

1. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image59
    KnowledgeAnywhereposted 6 years ago

There are many hubs with magical blue letters that take a person somewhere else when clicked.  How do they do that?  Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Second, before Hubpages what does the TOS state for all hubs with a score below 75 and how long will it stay 75?  How long specifically will it take to dip below 40 and be ripped away from the internet completely if a user chooses not to keep publishing?  How does it look?  Through a click to the Hubpages TOS at near the bottom and it saids

"The Website is automatically programmed by the HubScore system. Low quality Hubs will not be programmed in the Website. Hubs and Author Content that are determined to be low quality will be removed from the Website."

So will it delete hubs even if the quality is there and the views are not?

Third, social bookmarking does seem very promising for promoting hubs although it does seem beyond confusing to actually begin.  Is there a very simplified guide to social bookmarking?  Ive read others and it is hard to comprehend what it is.

Fourth where can anyone obtain a serial copyright?  Traditionally it could cost about $50 per hub from Congress.  With a serial copyright it could be a lot cheaper.  Is myfreecopyright (dot) com safe or is it just a scam from a bunch of thieves?

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. That is a hyperlink, you should read all about them, its te lifeblood of the net

it is achieved by highlighting text and then clicking the chain(link) icon

2. score doesnt mean something is automatically removed - but often score will highlight the factors that are grounds for removal

Its hard to be "low quality" unless you are actively trying to be

4.Social Bookmarking is relatively pointless

5. Also relatively pointless, myfreecopyright (not thieves though) is just a way of getting you on mailing list - a copyright notice exists on every page of HP

WHy do you want a serial copyright and in what country would you expect it to be enforced?

2. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't need anything to own the copyright for your own content, it is protected by international law, which trumps congress. It does help if you have some kind of proof that you created the site, however since hubpages can confirm that with anyone who questions your claim of copyright infringement, that is not a big deal.

If you are interested in learning more about internet copyright you might want to look in to DMCA notices and Cease and desist notices. 

It might also interest you to know that since the music and film industry went on it's hunt against peopel downloading their films and music, copyright infringement can now be classed as a criminal, and civil act.  So if somebody takes your work and it has been earning you money, you CAN legally sue for loss of potential earnings equal to your average earnings. along with theft of work, breach of copyright, copyright theft etc.

Thanks to the music industry, you can infact be a real b*****d if you want.

I hae only had to go to this extreme once when a major site stole my work and trumped me in google, then refused to take the content down. I sent it all over to a lawyer who is in my family and the company settled with a nice large 4 figure sum out of court, for 3 months of copyright infringement. For the record I had no official copyright lodged with the US.

Your score will rise over time if you write good content (and you seem to be writing fairly well in this forum so far, so I assume your hubs are in good order too).

I don't think you will have any problems.  You will retain all copyright to your work, apart from the fact that if you publish work here Hubpages reserves the right to display it, until you remove it (A relatively moot point)

I would not bother too much with social bookmarking, it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't do a huge amount of good either.

Just incase you have not figured out the blue text thing yet, click the chain icon Ina text box, or use the link module, to create links to your own hubs and other sites.

These links will remain no-follow up until your overall hubber score hits 75 (which it has as of now!)

2. Gina Coole profile image85
    Gina Cooleposted 6 years ago

The blue letters are a hyperlink.  You can either create them inside a text capsule using the link button or you can create a list of links using the link capsule.  Hope this helps.

3. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image59

A serial copyright is something you would see in a New York Times or other popular newspapers.  So the USA would enforce it.

And how do you fuse the pictures and text to appear side by side more than one time?

How do you fuse videos and text to do the same more than once?

A bunch of the specific time questions are still a mystery too.  What is known is a score below 75 all links are a no follow so your on your own.  And all that useful blue dies.  Since my score is right on 75 the question arises how long will it stay?  When will it dip to 74 causing all back links to cut off? 

And how long will it take for it to go below 40 if nothing is done?

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have seen very few hubs drop beow the fourty score, and they were all absolutely abysmal.  YOu do not have to worry about your individual Hub Scores.  If you write in any way coherently you dont have to worry too much about your overall hubberscore either.

PLay about with the arrows on each module box to figure out positioning, it's probably the best way to learn how to do that effectively!

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

5. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image59

Thisisoli ok thanks for that copyright story.  The arrows will not sync in the same bar when trying to make more than 1 in making more capsules. 

Also, all I want is a simple time limit to understand fully when hubpages drops hubber's score.  It seems to go up and down very radically.  And with the hyperlinking base of 75 on the line hyper linking may not be worth the time.

Thanks for the information about how to add blue text in my hubs.  But I have seen this hyperlinking outside of hubs. How is this achieved?

Sunforged no to all of that last question or just saying no?

The general synopsis of most of these posts is social bookmarking is not worth the time.  But it is quite controversial because some hubs promote it as if it changed their lives.

6. sunforged profile image67

Sunforged no to all of that last question or just saying no?

It seems to me that your having some early vocabulary issues. Most of the questions are kind of meaningless.

Sorry - but it seems to me you need to do some more background research.

Try this for the vocab - and then rephrase your questions and I will gladly attempt to help out with longer responses.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Post-Hub-Pages- … ng-Lexicon

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Wait a second, when you say

"There are many hubs with magical blue letters that take a person somewhere else when clicked.  How do they do that?  Is there a tutorial somewhere?"

Are you refering to teh blue link taking you to somewhere else on the SAME page, or somewhere else on a DIFFERENT page.

8. KnowledgeAnywhere profile image59

The blue magic text (hyperlinks) that take one to another page.  How do you do it?

A very simple version of what I have been asking through is this:

How long will a hubpage author score stay at the number 75 before dropping to 74?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub on creating links that's for the complete newbie. It's called "what is a link - types of links explained"

KnowledgeAnywhere - you really don't need to worry about hubscore and hubber score if you are creating quality, unique content. My very worst hub that has had zero traffic for months still has a hubscore of over 50.

Scores are mysterious in that the alogrithm is not shared, but one thing I do know is that if you follow the hubpages TOS your scores will not go below the 75/40 thresholds. The nofollow thing is a deterrent for spammers and those who post duplicate content.

9. sunforged profile image67

6 minutes

unless 11 newts get mixed up in the gizzards of the vole then an extra 30 seconds is to be added, if you roll a +1 and have the appropriate defensive spells then that number can be multiplied by a factor of 11teen, BUT if a +2 is rolled than 3 more rolls of the 8 sided die are required, the combined sum of these rolls plus a bakers dozen minus the number of rib bones in the whale that ate jonah will approximate the general area of the amount of parsecs that makes of the difference between when a 75 becomes a 74.

or at least thats how the secret formula was passed down to me, it changes a lot so its hard to be sure.

ask Colonel Sanders, maybe we can barter his secret formula for the hubs secret formula?