jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Answering Old Requests

1. Mark Bennett profile image60
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

I was just wondering, because I just made a Hub that answered a request from three months ago, is there actually any point in doing that?

Will anyone other than my small-but-much-loved-and-appreciated band of fans ever know I wrote it?

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Well yes.  It shows up on the "Latest Hubs" page for a little while.. and people searching for info on the topic of the hub will, based on your tags and content and all that.

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

It's just like publishing any other hub. Like Charlotte said, it'll show in the latest hubs until booted off by more hubs. It'll also show in the hubtivity upon login as well as the hubtivity tab, but again will be booted as more hubtivity occurs. Also, if someone happens upon that request in the request section, they'll see the number of answers, and when the person clicks the link, it'll show your hub and the hubs of whoever else answered the request.

4. Mark Bennett profile image60
    Mark Bennettposted 8 years ago

Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought.

It's not highly likely that anyone will come across a request from three months ago, really, is it?

It's just the same as writing any other Hub once the request is that old.

And I put so much work into it, too.

Ah well, lesson learned.

The few comments I have had have been very gratifying, and really, the pleasure of writing such things should be its own reward, anyway, shouldn't it? wink

1. crashcromwell profile image80
      crashcromwellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Mark, the point the others have been making is that it really doesn't matter much how old the request is. Yes, it's true that fewer people are likely to stumble across the original request if there are several pages of requests on top of it. But that doesn't mean you won't pick up traffic by having the hub listed on the new hubs list. If you're lucky, and your hub score goes up high enough, you can also see traffic from the hot hubs list or top hubs list. I had that situation with my sexy test hub for a while. In a week's time, I had 4 times as many hits on that hub as I did on the next most active hub (that had been posted in Mid-April). Just enjoy the ride while it lasts!