jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Dollar signs in the revenue potential

1. Maria Cecilia profile image81
    Maria Ceciliaposted 6 years ago

what does it indicate? would a 3 dollars sign ($$$) means your hub is earning?

2. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

It's not a measure of how much your hub is currently earning, but rather an estimation of its earning potential based on keywords and what the subject matter is.

Hope that helps.

3. deuxlai profile image60
    deuxlaiposted 6 years ago

how true is this?

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What WS said is true--it's an estimation. A pretty worthless one by my experience.

1. deuxlai profile image60
        deuxlaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've found the potential estimation to be useful.

A low $ Hub is going to need TONS of traffic and LOTS of clicks to be profitable.

A high $$$$$ may become profitable with a lower stream of traffic and less clicks if it is targeted to its audience well.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

For example a $$ hub could earn more than a $$$$$ hub if visitors were interacting with the ads more.  And the potential only applies to AdSense, not retail capsules.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

ive found the potential metric to be rather worthless also

I start the hub with much more knowledge of potential than the metric could ever offer.

6. SiddSingh profile image61
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

On one of my hubs, the dollar signs decreased form 4 to 1 - and that after adding more content.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I've also seen hubs with only 1 or 2 dollar signs age, start to get good traffic, then the number of $$$s increases, without my having changed anything.

8. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The dollar signs does point out potential earnings, however I have found that it is not always accurate (For instance my Google Chrome Addons hub is 4 $'s but it earns very little.)