jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I don't understand!

1. ChristinaScibona profile image87
    ChristinaScibonaposted 6 years ago

I know that it is not a big deal, but my Hub Karma score dropped 10 points within one day.  I didn't do anything different with my hubs...why did this happen?  I could find any answers about it except that it is the score that shows how well you link to other hubs.  Can someone help or point me in the right direction so that I can fix this.  Thanks you.

2. jondav profile image66
    jondavposted 6 years ago

i don't get the Karma thing either, so i now ignore it.

Mine seems to stay constantly mediocre whatever i do.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I'll be honest with you, the only way you're going to 'fix' it is by creating more links in your hubs which potentially send more traffic away from you to other hubbers.

That's not something I'd want to fix.

ChristinaScibonaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

darkside, I tried doing that and it seemed to go down more so I stopped.  I guess that I will just leave it alone and hope that it doesn't effect my hubber score too bad.  Thanks for the comment.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've ignored HubKarma since it was first invented and there seems to be no problem or drawbacks to that strategy.

Thanks Relache,
      I guess I will use that strategy too....my hubscore has not been effected at all so it must not be that big of a deal.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I keep meaning to go back over my hubs and change all the links to others' hubs to ones that have my trackers in them. If I am going to lose viewers to someone else, it is better to change the link so that 1) it opens in a new window and 2) it has my tracker so that I still get a share of any potential revenue.

that is a great idea...I should do that too.  Thanks.

6. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

"What is HubKarma?
    HubKarma is a score that reflects the degree to which you link to others' Hubs and to Topic pages in your own Hubs. Hubs that point to other relevant, high quality Hubs enhance readers' experience on HubPages and improve HubPages credibility as a trusted resource. HubKarma has some influence on your HubberScore and is on a 0-100 scale. The link suggestion tool makes linking to other Hubs and Topic pages easier."

And why does HubberScore matter? (Not HubScore..thats the score of each individual hub. Hubscore is not affected by karma, so far as I can tell. If you want to read why HubScore matters ..here..  http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/4-1- … -rankings/  )

"Once you start Hubbing you’ll notice that there are two very important scores that you should be aware of. These are HubScore and HubberScore (also known as HubRank and the Author Score)...If your HubberScore drops under 75 then ALL your hubs will be nofollow (including those which are over 40)."

since your at 97, Im guessing you have nothing to worry about. smile