jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder - Must Read for Older Hubbers

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

I didn't write this - but some days I feel as though I could have lol
    Eric G.

Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder:
    (Author Unknown)

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age
    Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the car, I notice mail on theporch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I washthe car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first but then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in
    the study, so I go to my desk where I find the bottle of beer I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the beer aside so that I don't accidentally knock it

The beer is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the beer, a pot of flowers on the window sill catches my eye-they are drooping and need water.

I put the beer on the coffee table and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on table, and on the way to get a container of water, I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen counter.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on
    the kitchen counter, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll get the water for the flowers.

I get the water and spill some on the floor.

I set the remote back on the counter and get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed
    The bills aren't paid
    There is a warm bottle of beer sitting on the counter
    The flowers don't have enough water
    There is still only one check in my check book
    I can't find the remote
    I can't find my glasses
    And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

When I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day,
    and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my

Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.

Don't laugh too hard-- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Eric! I must admit that I have been known to as I call it, go off on tangents. Mainly right now I'm squinting at the computer screen as I can't find my bloody glasses. Of course I can't watch TV either because I don't know where the remote is. I can't turn the TV on manually as I can't see the buttons because of my MIA glasses. I was going to tell you something but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Oh would you look at those beautiful butterflies...

2. crashcromwell profile image79
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

Short-term memory is second to go....problem is, I forgot what goes first!

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

LOL Sounds like a typical day in my life!

4. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

hey! someone was spying!
    I admit it. that is so me...

5. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

Sadly, it describes me quite well.

6. 0
    SirDentposted 8 years ago

What thread is this again?

7. 2patricias profile image59
    2patriciasposted 8 years ago

I came out here (to the office) to update my on-line diary.  So how did I get onto this thread? It's so funny that I am thinking I might print it and stick it on the fridge.  But then I will forget about the diary, and then I will forget what I am meant to be doing tomorrow.