jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

double forum posting warning

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

we need a message to pop up whenever someone post the same story or title on the forums. I see a lot of the same stories being covered.

1. THE DIVINE YOU. profile image61
      THE DIVINE YOU.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

very true

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good suggestion Stacie! I second that.

2. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

That is spam, just report spam -- and I don't mean the canned meat type.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

it's not spam..other members are posting the same stories as i am and vice versa ..I don't think it's intentional..

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When people post the same stories to the forums, it's usually due to people not bothering to take a moment and see what other threads are current.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

good idea, i did it quite inadvertently last week

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I can see how that can happen...inadvertently or deliberately.

With some forums, there are literally thousands of posts.  Most of us do not have time to sit here combing through each and every prior posting to discover whether or not our current issue has been previously addressed.  I know I don't.

So, if I sift back through 5 or 10 pages (depending on my available time at the moment, and there are still many more pages left), if I  don't see at least a semi-related thread by that time, I am going to post as a new topic.

I'm sorry if that offends or troubles anyone, but it is just not realistic to try and read every single prior post on every forum category.  We'd never get anything else done!