jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I Think GAIN Puts Drugs in Their Laundry Detergent

1. LSKing profile image87
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

I love the fresh scent of GAIN laundry detergent but, I'm convinced that they put something it to make you crave it. My husband does not like the smell so I switched back to Tide/Downey. Every since I stopped using it, I've had cravings for the smell. I went out and bought the dryer sheets and use them all over the house to get my fix.... I even carry a few in my purse. I think I have a problem... anyone else addicted to a certain smell? Or am I just a Fabric Softner junkie??????

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol .....a detergent junkie?!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image81
      LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

too funny !!!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I live with a scent-sensitive/allergic housemate so we use all-organic and unscented everything.  This is the second time in my life I've shared a household with someone who had health issues from artificial scents.

I find that my sense of smell is more discerning now, and I shy away from things that are scented as being way too stinky now.

3. LSKing profile image87
    LSKingposted 6 years ago

I know it's funny but I'm dead serious about the addiction part. It's like aroma therapy.

I'll go into stores......open GAIN bottles, inhale and smile smile ( no lie )

4. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

LOL wow

5. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

Just a thought but Gain with bleach can be Habit forming to smell. Just as methamphetamine is addictive and is cut with Clorox or bleach. You should be very careful how you choose to smell the addictive products in Gain laundry detergent. Honestly

1. LSKing profile image87
      LSKingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

methamphetamine? really.... I didn't know this. I use bleach to wash my white clothes.... and it has such a wonderful smell . My mom was a laundry fanatic too. I remember chewing the sheets because they smelled so good.