jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

95 hubscore! Too bad I can't do anything else right!

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I wish getting 95 would shoot me into superstar status or something. Haha. I'm not sure what I did to get a 95 hubscore, but I wish I could say everything else was doing that good.

So far I have made $3.49 (.39 today) and my traffic is like 1-2 visits/day on some of my pages if I'm lucky. People are talking about comments they get daily, and I'm sitting here like.. What I can't get visits! People are excited about numerous comments every day and I'm over worried about getting a visit or 2! Whats up with that!

Any words of encouragement!?

1. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore is not related your traffic of visits.Hubscore is decided considering various factors. you may go through help in hubpages inorder to get more details.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey, your doing a helluva a lot better than i was during my first 6 weeks here, as i barely generated about .04 cents around that time.  lol.  trust me, it just takes time to get established.

3. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're doing great - don't worry!  Encouraging enough?  smile

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You've only been here six weeks. 

When you've been here six months and you look back, you'll be amazed by the progress you'll have made.  And don't sweat comments.  From what I can tell, the people who comment on my Hubs aren't buying anything...

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not being negative just kinda joking

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Mikey does not have to be impatient.. lol... Hey that is the same path all have tread.. don't you worry .. i know you are kidding.. but look at it this way, you have an earning to boast off...(never mind the nickels) at least you do, some of us have no adsense approval... how is that for some encouragement!! lol
    Hey I am just showing you another way to look at it..

4. MPG Narratives profile image86
    MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago

Stick around for a while longer (say 3 years) and then look back at your progress! big_smile

5. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i am at the seven month stage and it is starting to happen a bit better so the word is patience oh yes and keep on writing

6. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

A wise man or woman once said...if you wait constantly then you'll get bored and move on, but if you wait consistently over a longer time frame, then you'll be able to measure the results of your efforts....ok ok I made that effing sentence up!!!

1. Lily Rose profile image83
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

7. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Good job on the hubscore! :-)

And I just wanted to add this: it took me about 4 months to make $3.50 when I started.

Oh and also - out of the 185 hubs on this account, probably about 25% get 0 visits a day or haven't had a single google hit. However those were written from personal interest,  not keyword research. So don't think of it as discouraging - just think that the more you write, the more entries you have in the google jackpot!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good (or maybe bad) to see someone else with the same results in poorly performing hubs.  I'm at about the same level - a long string of zeros each day from about 25-30% of my hubs.  The ones I like and enjoyed writing.  It's kind of sad that way; if I have fun doing it either no one can find it or no one cares.  Oh well, I'll keep throwing one in the pot now and then just to keep me happy, like the one for Stan Fletchers "contest".

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Mikey, have patience and keep writing.  At two months I had earned a grand total of $3.13 - you're doing fine.  Take your accomplishments as they come - a new traffic or earnings record, a couple of comments, a new country sending traffic.  Eventually these type of things become not so fun to see (I've covered nearly all the world now, except for Africa) and you find a different goal.  Maybe a 200 view day to look forward to, or the first day making $1.00.  There's always something happening if you look for it.

9. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement.

I know I'm doing pretty well for making $3.50 so far, but I expect excellence!(nothing off of amazon yet sad  )

The problem is I can write about a lot, but its hard to find a good niche. I found a pretty good one and got first page the same day for whats going to be a pretty popular in search today, I'm hoping.

It has already performed better than all my other hubs and its a day old. 25 views from google and its been 12 hours.