jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Quick Question

1. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Ok, when you edit one of your own hubs, you go to it, then hit edit (see it) then hit Done Editing (see it finalized again), now does that go towards the Hubpages page views? I mean by doing that and\or seeing my Hub when logged into My Account does it count my viewing?  Just thought this would be good to know just how many others seen my page in a given day.

Make that two Questions. Ok I would also like to know if in your profile on the email part of it, if other users can see your email or not? This would be helpful to know. Ok thanks for your time ^_^

1. spuds profile image21
      spudsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My understanding is that it does not.

thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your answer, but can someone else give there answer too? I just really need to know and if more then one person gets the answer then that is almost a sure-fire correct answer.

2. jyuva profile image39
      jyuvaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No One sees your mail id

Thank you for clarifying this!

2. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Hey ! I too was wondering on this question. I too would be glad to know the answer.

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

From what I understand, when you initially click on the link to view it, it is counted as a view. However, once you hit the edit and done editing, it isn't. This is just my understanding and I may be wrong. Maybe one of the HP Gods will drop in and give some insight on this part! As for the email, you don't see the email address. You simply see a link that says contact (so and so). When you click that link, you get a message box to fill out and when you send it, you get a message on the page that lets you know that your email was sent. At no time do you ever see an email address, though. Hope this is somewhat helpful smile

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Not a God - just a mortal procastinating on doing something else! From my own experience it appears that every time I hit done editing this is counted as another hub view.  Recently I saw Paul Deeds (who is the CEO of HP so therefore God-like) saying that they are only updating 1/6 of all hubs statistics each hour -so it might be a day before the stats shows, which may confuse people. 
    BTW this is probably why delaying publishing of a hub raises its hubscore

Thanks for your answer, both of you smile . That 1\6 a day thing seems confusing as heck..it might be the reason why they only go up a little amount at a time and even when I know someone views it (gives links and they say they read it) it doesn't show them-although sometimes they do. If someone could answer that too it would be appreciated. I mean, its good to know stuff ^_^