Setting homepage on new website

1. LittleSueII profile image60
    LittleSueIIposted 6 years ago

Can someone please direct me to a hub or something that explains to me how I set the homepage of my very new webssite. Something so simple as that is stressing me out to no end. Everytime I check my websiter it goes to a page I don't want there. I read the tutorials but they jump around so much. It would be nice to find 'instructions' that start with (a) and go to (z). This is what you do first, then this, then this... you get my point. Any and all help would be appreciated. I am hosted by bluehost and am using a theme from wordpress. Thanks in advance for all help!!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you're using Wordpress, the default home page is usually a page showing your most recent blog posts.

If you want to show some other page, you need to tell Worpress that.

Go to your Dashboard. You'll find "Settings" down the bottom left hand corner. Click on "Reading".  At the top of the page you should now see "Front page displays".  Choose which page you want as your front page and Save.

You say you are "using a theme from Wordpress".  That means you're using Wordpress to create your whole site - it's much more than just a theme.  So when you're Googling for answers to things, always include that word Wordpress - you'll find there's a lot of information out there.