jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Unable To Extract Hub Keyword Meta Data

1. thooghun profile image87
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

I've noticed that hubs don't use the keyword meta data. I was curious as to how exactly tags converted into "keywords" if this is the case?

I suppose I assumed that tags were converted into keyword meta tags. I guess not tongue

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I believe that tags are simply another way to create relevantly hyperlinked backlinks. The pages created when you click them can make good backlinks.

thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is true, however I wonder whether it would be more beneficial for Hubpages to convert tags into a meta keyword string?

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

metakeywords have been ignored by search engines for most of this decade

particularly google

so what would be the point?

thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't aware of that Sunforged, it would explain a few things. I always assumed they did I should have read:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. … a-tag.html

Before posting this. Oh well, you learn something new everyday wink

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

HP probably shouldn't call them tags.  I didn't even use them (other than the required two) at first because I thought they were putting them into mata tags, which I knew would be useless.  A few weeks in I realized that HP could not be that dumb, and then noticed the tag links, said "Duh!" and called myself an idiot - first time for that week, and I think it was Wednesday!

Maybe "link tags"? I dunno..