jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do I delete a HUB I just started to post?

1. Eco_Ali profile image79
    Eco_Aliposted 6 years ago

Its a little confusing, but I started a HUB, then I guess when I went back to post a photo I started a new HUB so now I have two which are basically the same, so I want to delete the first one. How do I do that?

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats an easy fix

just go to the hub from you account page then at the top you will a delete button.

click it, it will take a little while to delete, because hubpages built it this way so you don't delete by accident.

but you should still be able to continue on with the other hub.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

GO to the hub page and press delete button your hub will be deleted in 48 hours completely

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

If the first one is already published you can simply press "unpublish" and then work on the second one and publish that one.

3. Eco_Ali profile image79
    Eco_Aliposted 6 years ago

Hi, thanks for the speedy responses. Well, I figured it out when I went through the steps again and found the "delete" button so I think the first one will disappear soon.

Now the problem is what "violation" is keeping me from publishing? How do I know what I've done wrong...geez, its only been less than a week on here!!

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It takes a bit to catch on. Don't get frustrated.

The violation might be because it hasn't exactly deleted yet, although it is going to delete.

Your content may be the same, if the content is exactly the same it is a violation of duplicate material. You could change the name or rearrange it, to be the same name just worded differently.

I don't know how much of the deleted hub was. But all duplicate content is a violation.

If you want it to stay the same, you may have to wait till the other hub completely deletes.

4. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Eco_Ali - the "violation" that is keeping you from publishing has to do with your IP address.  To correctly deal with it, you need to email team@hubpages.com, and things can be worked out from there big_smile
    Hope that helps! Drop me a line if you have any other questions.