jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Merging hubs

1. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

Is it worth it to merge hubs together? Will the merged hub get more search engine traffic than the sum of the separate merged hubs?
    For example, say, I want to merge 2 hubs; one is getting 10 SE visitors per day, and the other is getting, say, 4 visitors daily from the search engines. When the two hubs are merged into one larger hub, will it get more than 14 (10+4) SE visitors per day?

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no - probably not.

Your main carrot for search traffic is your title - two titles should perform better than one title with all other factors being equal.

2. lakeerieartists profile image80
      lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would say no.

You would do better in almost all cases with two hubs on related topics, than one hub that would put both together.  Better yet, make 10 hubs on related topics and interlink them.

2. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I don't think the traffic will increase after merging the hubs. After merging you immediately lose the traffic to the second hub.

Did you check how both the hubs ranked in google and backlink to those hubs?

3. PR_am profile image59
    PR_amposted 6 years ago

I would add more original content to each individual hub to increase the quality of both. I would also get more relative backlinks to them. I think it would be better to improve the articles than merge them.

Good luck

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

As far I know Google facilitates the bigger hubs a little more. I don't know what other people would say but if these were my hubs I would not merge them if they were big enough [at least 600 word] rather I would used a link capsule in both of them and interlink the hubs and if possible I would make another hub which would look like an index with a decent amount of words. You can check this hub of mine. These series of my hubs gets a very good amount of traffic from search engines everyday but unfortunately HP disabled ads in these for being written in sensitive issues.http://hubpages.com/hub/Suicide-Warning-Signs-Causes-Prevention

5. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

What I meant is, I have two niche hubs and merge them into one, into a more broader topic. I was thinking that there are more keywords in the new, merged hub, so Google might pick it up better.

For example, if I have a hub about apples, and a another about oranges, when I merge them I will have a hub with keywords apples, AND, oranges, AND fruits, whereas for the two hubs I only have one keyword each.

1. PR_am profile image59
      PR_amposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Using a keyword tool, make a research of each keyword to discover  strings of words and phrases people use to search for each keyword. You'd be amazed at how many keywords/phrases you can come up with. Develop these new found keywords on each niche.  That way you have more targeted keywords/key phrases for your apples hub and for oranges.

I think the more targeted your keywords are for a particular niche the better the results.

6. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Content is king but I have found that three smaller series hubs that can be linked together by grouping is a far better option.

7. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with Sunforged. However, if I had a hub on oranges and another on apples, I would still write a broader hub on fruits in general and link to the others.