jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What the

1. Jeromeo profile image61
    Jeromeoposted 6 years ago

When you fist decide to write a new hub the application will not let you proceed til you have decided which category you want to place it in.  Now we have this "New" thing alerting you to the fact that you need to pick a category.

whatever category you chose at first has been erased and left blank.

After reading a notice that I had 66 un-categorized hubs I click on the the notice and proceeded to categorize the entire number. When I finished the very first one I had done was back in rotation.

All I can see is less and less free speech on the Hub Pages and some folks tripping over the Idea of being shot callers.

I can understand the deal about too much nudity and things of that nature but it seems carrying things to the absurd is just a walk in the park for people with any kind of power, on the Hub Pages.

Evidently these people have to much free time on their hands and rather than spend it creating they would rather invest in destroying the work of others.

Starting to look like a "Gated Community"

Leave stuff alone!!!!!

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

OR maybe they are just trying to ensure the quality of it's content and raising the bar on worthy content.  This is why the new features are so important for updating and improving old hubs. 

Complaints do no good.  Work with the system and make it benefit you and your hard work. smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Maybe the mental exercise of having to think through the category of the hub you're about to write is actually good for us.
    HP admin staff has done and continues to do a lot to improve ease and functionality of the site and the hub creation process.
    Categorizing hubs takes an extra what -- minute --?

Having said that, I can see where having to do 66 hubs at a time would be a pain. Thank goodness the number wasn't 666 -- cuz we all know what THAT number signifies lol !!!

4. Jeff Berndt profile image91
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

What free speech is being infringed? Yours?

My friend, your right to speak freely does not imply that you also have the right to unlimited access to my microphone. HP are providing you a free service here, which you probably could provide for yourself, but at great effort and expense.

That said, if you don't like the new way HP are handling hub categorization, that's cool. Let them know what you think, with polite words and reasoned arguments. They might switch it back if you can convince them, or if a large enough number of hubbers agree with you.

But I can tell you right now, accusing the HP team of being all power-trippy probably won't work. I know that such accusations toward me would make me less likely to listen you your arguments, not more.  But that's just me.

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Categorizing your hubs helps with the internal linking structure, which in turns helps your Hubs.