jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Related Hubs - why don't all hubs get them?

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

I have noticed that whilst the majority of hubs get 'Related Hubs' some do not and wonder why this is.
    I have a recent hub about singer-songwriter Maria Daines and how she writes songs for animal rights and has supported the world famous singer Pink and I would have thought there were bound to be related hubs on animal matters and a well known pop star but it appears not according to the result shown!

Can anyone explain please how the related hubs function works?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Related hubs get calculated asynchronously based primarily on the tags of the hub.  For new hubs it can take a little why before they get connected up with related hubs.  Occasionally there just aren't any good matches too, but that is fairly rare ...

1. ngureco profile image86
        ngurecoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Does this grouping takes into consideration the hub score - say grouping a hub with a score of 50 to another hub with a score of 100?

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hubs with better scores are more likely to appear in the related hubs lists (without regard for the score of the hub on which they are listed).

2. Bard of Ely profile image87
        Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very strange - it's been up for days and has tags like rock singer, Pink, and animal welfare but still no related hubs!

Maybe it comes into the "fairly rare" category then?

2. Eileen Hughes profile image82
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

Do you have this one grouped with other similar hubs.
    I think it usually works with the grouping of hubs

If you mean in Hot Hubs and Latest Hubs as groups then yes, I have another about a singer-songwriter so does that cancel one out?

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

Hi, Bard!

I think Eileen means grouping as in using your edit mode to group your hubs into specific catagories. For example, grouping all poem hubs together or all music hubs together, things of that nature. Eileen, if I am misunderstanding what you mean, I apologize for that.

Bonnie

Thanks for explaining but I haven't used that yet!

2. Eileen Hughes profile image82
      Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Bonnie

Yes that is what I was referring to.  I found mine werent all going together
      So moved them around next to the ones in the group that I wanted to show up with  .  Some do and some dont.  Thanks ,

working