jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. cobras profile image86
    cobrasposted 6 years ago

Hey All.

I'm new and still trying to figure it all out, so have patience please.

I cannot find a tutorial or any sort of info on how comments on the hubs work.  The mechanics I mean.  How they are posted, how to respond, what is cosher, etc..  It must be there somewhere, I just cannot find it.

Its ridiculous.  I have gone to the help page and tried several searches--I get directed to some hub on flower pots that happens to have the word 'comments' in it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Basically if you like a hub and have something you want to say, you comment. Don't use it as a way to promote your own hubs or to spam.

Likewise people will comment on your hubs. To respond just add another comment to your hub.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

comments are a separate capsule. you can open it into edit mode and choose different functions, you can also put a title on your comment heading. some like to ask a question pertaining to their hub or thank them for reading, or leave it blank. you can set comments to be moderated by you first if you want. you always have the option to accept or deny a comment. you can check your comments in your dashboard under comments section or be alerted with an email when you receive a comment.

if you leave a comment on someone else's hub, if they have it set to moderate all comments, yours may not show up right away until the hubber accepts it.  otherwise, comments show up as you post them.

if you want comments on your hubs, it's good to read other hubs and leave a nice comment in regard to their hub.

enjoy. welcome. you'll learn more as you go along.

here's a helpful hub.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Create-H … versations

4. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Just read your apples and oranges hub.  Quite astute and very well written.  Had to laugh at the strangeness of our language and how sayings sometimes mean less than just stating the facts.   

1. SteveoMc profile image92
      SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, BTW, here is that Orange apple!