jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Would a keyword/phrase of 9900 Monthy with high competition be worth

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 6 years ago

using. I am no expert on keyword knowledge. Some people follow keywords, others don't. I am trying to learn how I can use the correct keywords/phrases in my Titles to get organic traffic easier. I have succeeded in some areas, while others have failed. This is mainly because of different niches and etc...

Is a phrase with 9900 monthly searches with relatively high comp. good or bad? It says its high, but sort of medium/high. Does not have complete bar on google adwords: keyword tool.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The green bar shows advertiser competition ie: how many advertisers are bidding for their ad to show on that keyphrase. Using this info is not a good measure of whether an article focused on that phrase will do well in the search engine results.

What you need to be interested in is publisher competition and assessing how good the current pages on page 1 of google search for that phrase are. Sunforged covers it in this hub. The Hubcamp videos cover it as well: http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/hubcamp-sf-1/

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I'll check that out

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

What's the CPC?
    How much competition?
    9900 exact? If exact, what's broad?

9900 yes, but I would imagine that's approximate.As for CPC, how do you know when using the google keyword tool?

1. Super Chef profile image61
        Super Chefposted 6 years ago in reply to this

CPC can be found by clicking on columns on the right hand side and clicking Average CPC check box in the pop up window.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are using the Adwords tool, click on columns button and then check CPC button to view CPC.
        Are you using Market Samurai or some other tool to observe competition?

3. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

9900 exact is decent, but you can find those values with relatively little competition also. If it is a profitable niche then it may be worth it. It all depends on what it is.

4. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

what are you considering "high competition" ?

exactly.

Google says its high competition

5. MyWebs profile image85
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

I think 9,900 monthly is worthwhile if the CPC is at least a dollar considering you may have to work kinda hard to hit top ten. It probably wouldn't be a big earner, but over time they all add up.

I just found a broad 3 word keyword phrase that gets 110,000 global monthly with really low competition since it only pays a nickel a click. But my goal isn't AdSense here so this will be easy traffic to get since no one else really wants it and it fits my needs for a related affiliate program perfectly. smile

6. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I think it is bad idea to work with that KW since you told it has high competition. Lot of work to get into front page of google.

7. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

that means high advertiser competition, which means the earnings you get per click will be more stable.

To find out hoow much competition you face for that keyword, you really need to use a third party tool to estimate keyword competition across google.

working