jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

My mall is on fire :(

1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

It is horrible!  Coming home about noon today, the woman I was car pooling with & I drove past the mall and fire engines everywhere.  Turned on the news & its crazy - a man entered into Game Stop told them he had a gun, made the employees leave & he started a small fire.  The news stopped reporting after he was arrested.  At that time they still were not going in as he'd left his backpack in the mall and the "suspect" there could be an explosive device in it.

Anyway - if you are in Sacto - you've probley seen it on the news.  Its literally within walking distance of my house.

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
      Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a good thing he didn't shoot anyone.  Maybe he was mad that they ran out of a particular video game?

2. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

Rumor has it...they wouldn't give him extra mustard for his hot dog.
    BTW...where is sacto?

Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sacramento CA - the fire is in Roseville CA - you can see it on CNN.

The guy is a transient - firefighters won't go in still as they fear there is a bomb.  The guy has been in custody for hours, and they still don't know if he carried a bomb in there or not.

3. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

this is unbelievable.

I just heard from the news that the suspect is identified as Alexander Piggee and a fire department spokesperson said he was a former employee of a local Walmart. Piggee set fire to the Walmart's garden section earlier this morning and police were searching for him before he showed up at the GameStop. Piggee's mother said that she is in "shock" at what her son is accused of doing.

And the fire is still raging!

Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thankfully it is out now.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Yes, it's the top news story of the day. They said the mall probably won't be back open for a month!
    I think I heard something about Mr. Piggee (yes, that is really his name) said something about "judgment is coming."
    Sounds like he's got issues.

Hi Jane! *waves from the south side Sacto down  I-5*