jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

One of my best hubs has it's ads banned!

1. Aiden Roberts profile image89
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

How frustrated am I?

One of my best hubs has had the google ads permantley disabled by the mods, I have tweaked and edited until the cows come home but the subject is so delicate (arthritis and sex-no promotion intended) that it just doesnt lend itself to google ads.

Ah well this hub is obviously about helping people not making money so I guess it serves it's purpose.

Anybody else had ads disabled on "in my opinion" really useful hubs?

1. thisisoli profile image62
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

get some amazon ads on there, someone mentioned a sex sing being sold a few weeks ago, that sounds pretty useful for those aching joints tongue

Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sex sling whatever next lol.......

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Aiden I understand your frustration. Took me weeks of messing to sort one hub out.

Can you change the words? Use synonyms? It can help, providing it remains legible. That's what I did, meticulously, until the filter was no longer tripped.

It does seem unfair, more so when you know well that many sites littering the internet are badly written and don't desreve their position. I'd rather see Google adopt a fair policy, an algorithm that is designed to filter out all trash, rather than just seemingly pick up a select few that are brim full of content yet trip the system due to a few 'naughty' words smile

Hi frogdropping,

It really is annoying isn't it and I agree Google could be more proactive in getting rid of obvious violations and allowing useful content even if it is treading on risky ground.

I did quite a lot of tweaking, changeing and at one point ads were on there when I beat the automatic filters, all of a sudden a real life moderator pulled the plug after a review because it discussed sexual positions rather than the words I used.

Not to worry if someone benefits from it then it was worth the effort.

Really appreciate your comment smile

1. 0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think its a litte funny with Google, try to search love, or kittens or even worse, love kittens, and see just how anti-sex they are....

Fair point, doesn't make any sense when you consider what you can actually find on Google!

1. 0
            DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yup...no kidding.  I hope you get your hub sorted out. good luck.

Thanks, I think I will just let it be an informative hub and leave it be.

working