jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

URL Tracker and what is the benefit

1. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

Found only one place for the answer, but would like to make sure my profile link such as http://hubpages.com/_ns2a210uersm/profile/snakebaby is actual aff. link? Also curious what this referral thing does for my account. thanks

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Yep, you inserted the tracker properly. If someone signs up through your referral link, you will get 10% of the views on their hubs.

1. snakebaby profile image74
      snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is interesting to know, 10% view sounds a lot over the long run. Thanks! btw, you were the first hubber welcomed me when I just joined big_smile

1. David 470 profile image86
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah this is a great feature that I am now incorporating. Hubpages has a great referral program smile

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

The benefit is referrals.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image70
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm wondering how to get people to sign up from me...I have the link and almost 2000 profile views but no takers?

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paula, I am in the same boat.  One link, on my profile page, but no takers.  However, consider where the visitors to your profile come from - mine are exclusively from HP.  I make no effort to direct organic visitors there, and anyone from HP is already a member!

I think it would take a concerted effort to get many referrals, although it may well be worth that effort.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Probably posting your link at other sites you belong to might get you more takers as most people who read your profile are most likely other hubbers.