jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

pointless texts

1. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago

I have a Tracphone. Very limited minutes. I need them to last. I have told my friend over and over and over to not text me with stupid twitter/facebook type crap. There is a reason I do not participate in either of these sites. If you just washed your winter coat #1 I dont care. #2 just call me on the real phone and tell me, if it is really necessary for me to know that you farted and it smells like eggs.

Just this week, Ive lost 20 minutes from my phone. Messages like...

OMG I can not B-leave he still likes me!!

and ... I looooove uuuuuuu!!! send this to 15 of ur closest friends, or u will have 3 mnths bad luck. Dont break the chain.

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!! does anybody else hate these types of supid messages or is it just me? I dont even KNOW 15 people!!

How do you make it stop? Or am I overreacting?

1. J.R. Smith profile image61
      J.R. Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

drive it to them. spend a little extra, and for two weeks, text EVERYTHING. Then get offended when they don't respond. Eventually,they'll want their life back,too. Maybe it will evn prompt a discussion on boundaries and/or limits. I have garbage farts.

1. 0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ha ha ha garbage farts. ewwww  smile

2. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 5 years ago

I just ignore it all. I simply delete, forget, and don't let it get to me.
    I think it's better that way, because there's no way to stop those messages anyway.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

All those messages mean you have friends that like you and want to share.smile

I suggest you fire your current phone provider and get a new one!

There seem to be lots of cheap deals out there now that have unlimited texting. If you can find a no-contract one, you are set.

Or maybe call Tracphone sales and tell them what you intend to do…smile

1. 0

I am very happy my friend likes me. Dont get me wrong, and I have no problem hearing about her day. (btw, its only one friend...) as a matter of fact, she does call me on my home phone every day. My issue is....I can not afford any more phone then I already have. Its for emergencies only. Its not a contract phone, so thats good. I actually had to get rid of my verizion phone, becuase she put me so far over my texting limit. The most inexpensive calling plan available in my area is about 45 dollars a month, I just do not have that. To get unlimited texting starts at 60 dollars a month. WAYYY out of my budget.

I have told her over and over and over...but she  never remembers. I dont know hwo to get her to understand I can not afford all teh pointelss texts. All she has ot do is call me on my home phone, or come visit. I live less then 10 miles from her! I honestly do not want to hurt her feelings, but....its makign me feel crazy.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here is what to do.smile

1.    Put her in a headlock.
        2.    Shake her around a little bit.
        3.    Deliver one noogie.
        4.    Buy her a soda.

1. 0

good advice. Ill give it a go. THANKS.  big_smile  (ps. noogie is a super funny word.)

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

How about presenting her with your cell phone bill showing all the overages caused by her texts to you?
    Better yet, block her number.
    Then she'll be forced to use a different mechanism to contact you.
    You will never get her to stop texting you.
    Unless you stop her. From texting you.
    But the noogies are a great idea, too!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I'm surprised adults would text those sorts of messages, sounds like a teenager...

1. KristenGrace profile image61
      KristenGraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Adults sometimes forget they're adults LOL

6. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 5 years ago

I just washed my winter underwear!