jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

New Hubber...Spark me Up please!.

1. 0
    steazy1807posted 6 years ago

Who's friendly to give a brief hints about making an impact here and not just fooling around...!!!. I am new and i have 2 hubs so far, willing to write more though but give me the spark...!!!.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Both of your hubs appear to be duplicate content found elsewhere around the Internet. As such, they are pretty worthless. Original content is valued on HubPages, duplicate content is penalized.

1. 0
      steazy1807posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for replying me here. I understand what you are trying to say and i really appreciate it. Just as i'd told you i'm new here. Definitely will appreciate your help to make me perfect and not be penalized. What do you mean original content?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. Original content, which is what you want, is content that you wrote yourself and have not published elsewhere. Articles that are not original may be considered duplicate content. You can read about duplicate content here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

Apart from the penalties mentioned in the FAQ, there are issues of copyright infringement, which is also something to be avoided. HubPages cannot know who wrote duplicate content unless someone complains, but each Hubber has a responsibility not to plagiarize works written by others. Those who get caught doing so will have a low author score and may eventually see their accounts closed. Alas, writing original content is the only way forward.

1. 0

Okay i understand you. thank you. How about researching online about a specific topic of article you want to write and using some related statement you've researched about or your article have to come with your own words and statement all through.

1. 0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Research-based articles are definitely an option, like reviews for example. When quoting from sources, you should do so sparingly. Duplicate content filters are automated, so if you have more than a certain percentage of material found elsewhere, your article may be flagged as duplicate.

If you write this type of content, you may be able to leave comments on blogs that discuss these issues, with links back to your hubs. This will give traffic and may improve your search engine position.

1. 0

Hi, i have my hub flagged as duplicated, thought probably because i published it twice?. Now i know why. Thank you so much for your time and your discerning critic. Will work on being a distinct hubber. Thank you and please i'm always here to learn and listen.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

The learning center (see page footer) is a great means of learning most of what you need to know to become a successful hubber smile

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Visit http://hubpages.com/my/ideabank to find some ideas/topics to write hubs.

working