jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do I need 1000 hubs to make money?

1. Zenofsong profile image60
    Zenofsongposted 6 years ago

I see some people have a few hubs, a very hig hubscore and I'm wondering if it's better for me to kep adding to the hubs I have or to make 1000 hubs on things I know.

I'm very interested and willing to put in the work to monetize my writing. Please check out my hubs and give me some advice.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You do not need 1,000 hubs to make money if you do your homework first. I would be happy to look at a couple of your hubs, but it would help if you could point out one or two that you are most interested in feedback on. Since you posted this in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum, you can feel free to publish links to your own hubs.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

The content in your hubs and the layout look really good. Kudos!

You just need to learn the fine art of keyword research.

In the first hub you have listed, I can't even really tell what your keyword is. In the second, the keyword "what is emotion" gets around 700 searches/month and has very little competition, so all's good there. BUT...average cost to run an ad for that keyword is $0.08. And IF the ads running on your hub sell for the whole $0.08, you only get 68% of that, or $0.05 per click. "Mastery of money" gets almost no search traffic.

You want to look for keywords that have a decent CPC (or average cost to run an ad), beatable competition and a good number of searches. If you can crack that nut, I think you'll do well.

Zenofsongposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whats the process of doing that?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You must try Adwords tool and market samurai.

Also, the hubscore is not an indication of earnings.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

In addition to keyword research you must also learn to SEO.

Zenofsongposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ultimate hubber, can i have your opinion on the sites I've listed above? These are the ones i've worked out most.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Three hubs you mentioned above look great but they won't be making you any money. If you want to make money here, then your hub titles must be the words people are searching for. Also, you should try to avoid keywords with high competition.

Try http://adwords.google.com/select/Keywor … egacy=true to see how many times a keyword is searched in a month on the average.

To observe competition over certain keywords visit http://www.marketsamurai.com/ and download the tool

Once you create hubs on selected keywords, build some backlinks towards them so that they will rank high in Google.

working