jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

After editing typo in hub's title, it still appears in the hub's URL

1. Katie Sheridan profile image77
    Katie Sheridanposted 6 years ago

After hitting the publish button, I noticed I had made a typo in my hub's title. I went in and corrected it in the title, but it still shows up in the URL with the typo! Is there any way I can correct this?

Thanks.

Katie

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can change the title of hub but not the URL.URL is not interchangeable.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Didn't Ryan say the exact same thing 7 posts ago?

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago

No, sorry, the URL is unchangeable. Unless you start a new hub, with the correcty URL, and copy your hub over to it. (Unpublish it first though).

3. Katie Sheridan profile image77
      Katie Sheridanposted 6 years ago

Bummer. That's what I thought. I don't think it makes much of a difference though. It's not a crucial typo.

Thanks so much ryankett.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The good news is that the single most important aspect of your hubpage when it comes to the search engines is your title.

The bad news is that the second most important aspect is probably the URL lol

Katie Sheridanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write more for creative practice and passion, so my titles are always decided upon based on that. But sometimes the writing process is like giving birth, and once you've pushed that baby out you want to show her off. Yeah, I want my piece read. So am so bummed by this, especially considering it's a fairly long piece with almost no typos when I first wrote and proof read it. Forgot to check the damn title though.

4. Anesidora profile image65
      Anesidoraposted 6 years ago

If it's a keyword it could be worth the time to unpublish it and redo it. I've had to do such before, copy and paste the text to word or notepad, it'll make it easier to copy and paste it into the new hub.

Since you just published, you won't lose anything by redoing it.

Katie Sheridanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not a keyword. But it looks bad, unprofessional.  That peeves me.
        I will lose comments posted already if I move it though. Don't want to do that to those who went through the trouble.

Thanks all.

5. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I too once changed the hub title. I slightly changed the keyword in the title. It doesn't make any problem to that hub in terms of traffic.

working