jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Advice on Writing

1. DrumsAcousticMuse profile image81
    DrumsAcousticMuseposted 6 years ago

how to strike a balance between reader-friendly, enjoyable, and optimized hubs? any advice is appreciated

1. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Writing online is definitely different from writing your own book or in your journal.  New rules apply in the modern age.  To be seen you need to use Keyword and Phrase tags that are also found in abundance in your text and title.  This give engines something to grab onto when that particular search is made by someone.  Pictures are also substance which adds to the hub.  Also, several text links.  Make your article a part of that "spider web" which is connected to many other sites.  Also text of at least 800 or 1200 words is best.

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The best advice I can give you is to be diverse.Write on multiple topics and focus on more than once niche. Niches each have different PPC. Its best to use variety so your hitting everything from all angles.

Relevancy is key. I have that down, but am not expert on keyword researching and such. New topics can often get oftn generate a lot of traffic as long as competition is not very high.

I once wrote a hub that got 100s of views of days because people were searching for it in the search engines because it was "new".  Competition was also low because I beat other people to the engines and got indexed quick.

Write about what you want, but also go outside of your comfort zone sometimes. Watch your relevant content, how new or old a topic is, keywords used, and promotion such as sending back links which can help.

2. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I think a useful idea would be to publish a hub and then take it to the Forum topic:  Extreme Hub Makeover, ask your questions there and you will get a lot of helpful advice.

1. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I, personally, have never done this but am curious.  I like your knowledge and will "follow" your work with eagerness! smile