jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

got another amazon sales

1. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

well got first sales for month of october..had got 10 sales in august..would prefer frequent sales then sporadic but still wanted to share this...

1. adrienne2 profile image81
      adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pisean I know how you feel. Congrats on your sale! I got two amazon sales this week, and was jumping for joy. I only made $3.00 collectively, but was happy to get a sale.

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

ya...sales often brings smile and makes us carry on..isn't it?

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

well done, still awaiting my first sale but clicks are up this month which is most encouraging, indeed adesense has surpassed last month already by 20 per cent so on a roll ( not getting excited as still discussing pence not pounds)

3. sim0n30 profile image61
    sim0n30posted 6 years ago

As long as you can see pence there is always the potential for pounds!

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow...your comment has potential to become quote...

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

that needs to be flagged up as a hub title-

5. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Congratulations pisean, hope the Amazon sales now continue to roll in regularly

6. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Congrats pisean.  You're on a roll.  Isn't it great to share nice news?

7. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Well done - Pisean and it is encouraging to hear that Amazon is working for Hubbers.

At the moment, I feel like giving up on the Amazon front - I am finding the clicks are high and the sales low. I am in negative (- cents) for this month as an item from last month was returned and I have only sold one thing this month.

The Amazon clicks are high compared to when I started using the Amazon capsules on hubs. Now I am left wondering when they go from my pages to Amazon:

do they just look - I think of it as a type window shopping
    are the sales in HubPages percentage of time
    or do they not buy that day

it is still a bit of a puzzle to me how to make it work.

1. adrienne2 profile image81
      adrienne2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@2uesday Dont give up on Amazon it will work for you. I was a non-believer when it came to selling amazon products. I had been writing here on hp 2 years and I now do believe that it is possible to get those sales on Amazon.

Before writing on HP I had the Amazon store front and nothing, nada.

Reading the encouraging comments from other hubbers helped me ALOT.  You have to hang in there, and stick with it.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It helps if your ads are directly related to you hub topic. I have made sales thought book review hubs and specifically targeted "sales" hubs. Of course, most of the sales are unrelated to what the hub is about strangely enough. People click through on your hub and keep on browsing on Amazon until something catches their eye.

Of course, my Amazon sales are way lower than a lot of people. I have earned about $75 in about 5 years as an Amazon affiliate. There are some hubs that offer suggestions about getting Amazon sales.

9. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I've started having a small amount of success on Amazon - this month, I've so far made just under $20 which is my best month yet.

But that's only because I've got just over 40 Amazon-oriented sales hubs - I think you really do need at least that number (preferably several times that number) to make a significant income off Amazon. 

And by sales hubs I mean hubs that can basically be summarised as "Widget donglers are great because [insert reasons why they're great, and why the reader should buy them].  And you can buy widget donglers online at Amazon.com.  I've listed some great widget donglers below, in the capsules on the right.  See what you think."  Followed by several paragraphs describing each widget dongler in turn, with a capsule showing that particular widget dongler right next to it.

10. lex123 profile image69
    lex123posted 6 years ago

I'm yet to experience the taste of an amazon sale. Very nice to read about the success of other hubbers.