jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What'll happen if post my own duplicate article now

1. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

I've had a quite popular article about DIY on projector screen that I published on Ezinearticles years ago. Since it attracts a lot of traffic, I wish I had it posted here. Is it a good idea to put it up here on hubpages or it would be a waste of time (no meaningful results)? Also will it affect my profile score (doesn't matter whether or not the score means much) and overall SE ranking, stuff like that?

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your hub score and reputation decreases if  you post duplicate articles.

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's the basic ideas I got shortly after I joined here. Still, I kept 6 duplicates for several months till recently I decided to delete two of the mostly lowest score ones. But honestly I haven't seen significant differences before and after. My score pretty much stayed within the same range, only did it go up recently since I've been more active in forum. To me it never seems to have really hurt my score, that makes the score thing more confusing

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Most likely, there are multiple copies around the Internet. So it will be flagged duplicate, with penalties being imposed, and you will not be permitted any self-serving outbound links. A single duplicate article should not affect your author score, but seems like posting it here wouldn't do you a whole lot of good.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I have tried that and haven't had success. So, I don't think that it will attract the same amount of traffic on hubpages.

A hub with a duplicate warning seem to affect the author score of a hubber in a negative way.

4. snakebaby profile image74
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

Thank you both. I'm positive there are quite some copies out there already. So sounds like it really won't do me any good, I'd skip that, try to write something different. I decided just these few days I will keep all my stuff right here, nothing goes to ezinearticles, at least for now

5. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Just a thought…smile

You said “years ago”.

I myself have come a long way since years ago…

If you feel the same way; how about giving the critter a major rewrite/update? Then posting it here?

smile

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like a good one, only I don't believe I'm able to do that. I remember it took me quite a few hours on and off to write the original one. The problem is I have many other ideas that I can't even get my hands on, only if I could split myself in half, you know. So I'd just skip this and "move on", hehe

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Been there.smile I feel your pain.smile

working