jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Question about Amazon referral rate

1. Anolinde profile image85
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

Hi!  I have a question about the Amazon referral rate.  When do you move up to the next tier of referral rate?  Right now I'm at 4% and I could have sworn that when I last saw my earnings report a few days ago, it said I needed 2 more referrals (I had sold 4 items prior to that) to make it to 6%, but today when I checked the the report, I had made another sale (so now up to 5 sales), but it said I need 3 more sales to make 6%!  So, does anybody know if Amazon has changed this recently or did I just mis-saw (that's not a word, is it? tongue) it?  Or does it vary according to whatever?  Thanks!

1. Jenna May Swan profile image59
      Jenna May Swanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to look at orders shipped rather than just sales.  Only the items shipped and paid for will pay you commission and move you up the %.

Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All of the items I'm talking about are items shipped and money credited to my account (shown in earnings report).  I guess I'll just see what happens after 3 more sales (might take a while, LOL)!

1. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this
            Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, Susana!  I think I know what's the problem now ... it seems Amazon calculates your rate monthly.  I thought  the number of sales accumulates .. so with each new month, you start back at zero again!

working