jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Pictures not loading

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 6 years ago

I can't load pictures from my computer onto my latest Hub. It comes up with this error message:

An error occurred while uploading the file Holy Trintiy Church York.JPG

I can load pitures using other sites. Is anyone else having the same problems? Solutions?

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Try Firefox or Google chrome.. IE always has problems..
    Try refreshing before you load.. I have a feeling that the connection is slow... more to do with HP.

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
      Les Trois Chenesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks for your advice. Firefox doesn't work (suddenly), but I will try the refresh. I managed to get it to load on Google Chrome.

3. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

I find the same glitches periodically, and have to switch browsers. As I often tinker with pictures I collect, I have developed the habit of always saving them to my hard drive, and pasting in the URL as part of the image title. I have far fewer problems that way.

I use "Save As" or "Save image/picture as" on the right click menu, so I can easily direct the computer where and how to save the image.

For example, the URL for a photo from sillyme.mywebs.co.uk would become: sillymeDOTmywebsDOTcoDOTuk The image won't save properly with the extra dots in the name, and this also allows me to see the "Dots" and easily snip them out after I paste the title into the photo capsule.

Then, if the image name was pumpkin, or img2365432804 (they often have long numbers instead of names), it would become pumpkinsillymeDOTmywebsDOTcoDOTuk - a bit long, but this way I never lose the URL - it's attached to the picture.

Here are the steps I take:
    First I copy the URL, then click "Save as". Then, rename the image by pasting in the URL, and changing it as I mentioned. Then, after I upload the picture and paste the title into the photo capsule, I just cut out the extra words- "DOT" - replacing them with periods, and voila - there's the URL intact again.

After the hub is published, I either delete the original image, or save it to a dedicated storage drive. big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Hope this helps.