jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

grammar checker

1. eaglecreek profile image59
    eaglecreekposted 6 years ago

anyone have a link to a good free grammar checker ?

1. tmbridgeland profile image83
      tmbridgelandposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You probably have one already on your PC. Microsoft Word and AppleWorks both have them.

2. 0
      ankigarg87posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can check grammar check in Microsoft office

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Again, you are merely repeating what others have been saying above, without adding anything new or giving them credit.

2. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Microsoft word does indeed have a grammar function.  If you do not have MS Word, then you can use a completely free program called OpenOffice.Org, a grammar extension has to be installed, but it does do a grammar check.

If you want word, cloud computing is available with most of the office suite for free.  You need a Windows Live account, completely free.

3. eaglecreek profile image59
    eaglecreekposted 6 years ago

i wish i had word on my pc but i dont. does word check for cap letters at beginning of sentences? i have downloaded a few word processing editors and they didnt ( tiny word and abi word) they both were kinda crappy. didnt really give me anymore than what my email or notepad already did

1. SteveoMc profile image90
      SteveoMcposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm kind of surprised by your post.  Please re-read what I posted, you can have word for free if you follow my advice.

1. Ign Andy profile image61
        Ign Andyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I also recommend open office as well if you don't have MS words. This app is quite similar to MS office.

2. eaglecreek profile image59
        eaglecreekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks steveo , i did download open office but just havent had the time to play around with it since my last post. sounds like it is just what im looking for.

4. johnorton profile image60
    johnortonposted 5 years ago

Open office is an free writing application from ORACLE. I am using this. You will find some difficulty in starting if you are using ms-word from starting but it is easy to use later.

all the best