jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any good samaritan out there to help a Hubpages neophyte?

1. Psolo2 profile image61
    Psolo2posted 8 years ago

I'm username Psolo2, and I'm new to Hubpages. I joined yesterday and as of now, I have 2 unpublished hubs that I'm finishing up. It's a bit overwhelming to see so many others with 200+ hubs, but that's not what I'm concerned about. Can one truly make a good chunk of money with this website? I'm a decent writer and a college student at Johns Hopkins so I have an opinion on nearly everything and can produce well thought out articles (as you will soon see), but first I need to know that this is a good investment of my time and effort.

Please allay my concerns!

2. Angela Harris profile image74
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Philip, Hubpages definitely isn't a get rich quick scheme. You probably can't even get rich slowly.

However, I get a decent amount of pocket change each month. And there are Hubbers that do much, much better than I. Some make 4 figures monthly. There may be others that make more.

Of course, take into consideration that many of these Hubbers are counting money from affiliate links, Ebay, and Amazon.

Good luck!

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

What are your hubs about?

4. Psolo2 profile image61
    Psolo2posted 8 years ago

Well, I'll be posting hubs on a variety of topics, but I recently published a hub (my first actually), a  list of tips on how to be successful in going through the college admissions process.

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

It looks like your hub was removed. I don't see it when I go to your profile page. :-/

But, yes it is very possible to make money on HP. I make enough to pay my cell phone and credit card bills, plus have extra spending money. Most of the money is from Adsense with about $25-$50 from Ebay and Amazon (each not total). You just have to keep at it; Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't make too much off of one or two hubs, especially in a short time frame. You'll have to give it time.