jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

One of my hub scores just plummeted???

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

My emergency survival kit hub score just sank like over 30 points to 41! Whahttttt!!!!!!!!
    Maybe it was because I had copied some government info on basic supplies to include? I took it all out and everything else is original so I'll see what happens........
    This is is the first time this has ever happened to me.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

This happened to me too.  My hub comparing the Notebook movie and book was in the high 80's until it started picking up traffic with google yesterday.  I guess they did not like it because now it is a 68.  Oh well big_smile.  Hubscores are like wild horses smile.

3. New Day profile image81
    New Dayposted 8 years ago

Try adding a "Sexy" tag?  LOL

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes- Sexy First Aid Kits For Your Family...lol....
      Seriously though, I think it had to be the copied content- I had a list of things you should keep in a home made emergency kit copied in part from the gov. site- maybe what I'll do is just type it all in myself- that's the only thing I could think of that would cause "PUNISHMENT"...

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well my Notebook Hub is all my own words and own takes on the topic because I compared it to my Christian beliefs, so I think sometimes hub scores just go up and down.  Everything I write on here is in my own words and own take, but sometimes I just see things go up and down.

1. Dorsi profile image90

This one went down 40 points immediately. I did something wrong.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

And get a whole bunch of pics of Britney Spears and call it a day big_smile.

5. CJStone profile image91
    CJStoneposted 8 years ago

don't get how you pick up traffic from google....

1. Dorsi profile image90

From the tags, and key words, it's a pretty intensive learning curve. I'm muddling through but getting some good rankings. My conspiracy hub has been first page google- first place - quite a bit so I'm doing something right!

2. Mike Goodchild profile image59
      Mike Goodchildposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The google spider will crawl hubpages content just the same as any other website but more frequently as the content is updated for frequently than most other sites. From these crawls google will include individual pages in its search results - People thus find your page and click on the link from google.

One of my hubs on "How to write a great lead capture page" has been consistently 80-85 and has just fallen to mid 60's - Could this be because somebody else has published another hub along similar lines and therefore diluted the individuality of my hub?

1. Lissie profile image86
        Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nope more likely that it is a near duplicate of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7kQjEQnFc page

3. thranax profile image59
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ummm....Hello? Google should be (should doesn't have to by any means) be the #1 or #2 source of traffic amount wise. There are people out there that hate Google and told them that, and they got slapped on the face. Believe me when I say Google is something we all need.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It will happen all by itself, eventually!   HubPages has a good "reputation" with Google so your Hubs will get noticed.  It takes time, but now nearly 90% of my traffic comes from Google and other search engines.

It's nice to have other Hubbers read your Hubs and comment, but they rarely click on ads.  It's the search engine traffic that does that. 

You can improve your search engine traffic by promoting your Hubs around the web, too.

6. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

Well this has certainly been a learning experience. The day my hub went down to 40, I took off the info with too many links that I had mistakenly put, then the score gradually started climbing again. It's now up to 89 within just days, and I'm going to go back in add my checklist of supplies BUT without the links..lol... because I think the checklist is vital to the hub. I'll just make sure the checklist is in my words as much as possible.

7. MegaByteMama profile image60
    MegaByteMamaposted 8 years ago

Hi Dorsi

It is definitely because it is content that has been published somewhere else before. The same thing happened to me - my score almost immediately plummeted when I published dup content.

Another thing to watch out for, is that your hubs all have to be related. For instance, I have a hub where I review software, and they are all grouped. In that same hub I (because I was a newbie!) created a hub around making money online. Same thing - hub score plummeted to the floo!